D700 + 24-120mm VR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Jan 24, 2002
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
Sharing some test shots for the D700 and 24-120mm VR.
You can access all photos on the links here and even download the full size photo to test for sharpness etc. but please do not use it for any other publication or repost it anywhere else. Thank you.

Overall the lens seems good enough for everyday usage.
There is visible barrel distortion at 24mm.
All images are not post processed except 1 or 2 for cropping.

D700 + 24-120mm VR

Some samples from the above link.
700_2313-vi.jpg

700_2320-vi.jpg

700_2394c-vi.jpg

700_2405-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Did u use a polarizer for the outdoor shots? Seems like there is plenty of vignetting though.

24-120 should be a full frame lens thus it should not have any light fall off unless u stacked a polarizer on top of it.

Did u use a polarizer for the outdoor shots? Seems like there is plenty of vignetting though.

24-120 should be a full frame lens thus it should not have any light fall off unless u stacked a polarizer on top of it.

No polarizer but I did put a UV filter and a step up ring.
Maybe should remove the step up ring. :embrass:

seems like this lens is quite a useful walk about or travel lens. i've read alot of conflicting reviews of this lens ranging from great to really bad. looks to me like it isnt that bad on the d700.

seems like this lens is quite a useful walk about or travel lens. i've read alot of conflicting reviews of this lens ranging from great to really bad. looks to me like it isnt that bad on the d700.

Have not use this lens for sometime but remember I also ever get soft pictures with it on DX camera. However it was not always soft but on and off. Did some checking during that time and thinks that it was due to the VR system not stabilizing when you trigger the shutter. Remember this was a first generation and the VR may be a little slower so let it stabilized and here should be no problem.
Did not use it because I have many other "better" zoom range on DX to use till now. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.