d70 colour vibrancy help

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
hey guys...really need some help here..been bugging me for awhile..how do i get consistent vibrant images when i shoot? without doing too much PS-ing...
noticed that sometimes when i shoot in a certain location (like a grass field for example) some of the shots turn out to be more vibrant than the others...what do i have to look out for?

this is an example of what i get when i shoot sometimes....

stuff-014-original.jpg

and after it's been ps-ed

stuff-014small.jpg

There is nothing wrong with yr image.
if u want it to look like silhouette. just meter it at the sky.
u may want to try out various white balance settings.

Stepping up the aperture will also give you better results for the skies :) Try it.

Getting the silohuette like jnet6 (the pro) has mentioned, is to meter at the sky and expose for it.

agentmonkey said:
hey guys...really need some help here..been bugging me for awhile..how do i get consistent vibrant images when i shoot? without doing too much PS-ing...
noticed that sometimes when i shoot in a certain location (like a grass field for example) some of the shots turn out to be more vibrant than the others...what do i have to look out for?

yep, didn't look vibrant at all. the sky looked too 'cyan-ie' artificial. u need to load a custom tone curve. kindly ask espn or other active nikon users for help with this issue. ;) they have a regular meeting place & time.

yeah..i;ve heard of the colour curves but i don't know much about it...will check it out with these guys..anything else i should be looking out for?

For landscape shots, you might wish to switch to Color Mode III in the custom settings to get more vibrant shots. In your 2nd pic, the sky looked rather fake.

espn said:
Stepping up the aperture will also give you better results for the skies :) Try it.
how does stepping up the aperture provide better results? longer exposure effect ? :dunno:

thanks guys... any place for me to go read up on this? when you say stepping up the aperture (my newbie side is really showing here) that means making it smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies.