d60 lens compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvin Bugger

Jun 1, 2008
North
hi i have been looking thru all the old thread and post till my eyes are poping out and i cant seem to know what lens are able compatable with d60. i know all AF-S lens are compatable. but what it i want to buy a third party lens, how can i tell. and is there anyway i can find out which nikon lens i can use if i wanna buy a nikon one. a website would be gd if there is one that can guide me. thanks=)

Only Nikon's AF-S or Sigma's HSM or Tamron's Di II !!! U need lenses with autofocus motors in the lenses!

If you are looking for Sigma lenses that can autofocus with your camera, buy lenses with the letters "HSM". It stands for Hypersonic Motor if I'm not wrong and it's Sigma's equivalent to Nikon's AFS lenses.

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all.asp

i think depend you how u like to shoot, big aperture? F1.8 or 2.8?
if u like the zoom lens can be consider tamron 17-50 f/2.8 with motor or sigma 18-50 with 1:3 macro HSM for normal zoom lens and event.
i'm using sigma 18-50 f/2.8 macro HSM is very sharp n clear photo.
or maybe u can affortable for Nikkor 17-55 f/2.8 DX. that's great lens.
another is prime lens Nikkor AF-S 35mm f/1.8G that's great for portrait.
sorry the other Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6 VR that's good for zoom lens.

Last edited:
okok. thanks guys. what about tokina lens. is there a compatiable ones.

tokina lens for normaly ppl only suggestion for wide angle lens.
12-24 F4
11-16 F2.8
16-50 F2.8 CA is higher for outdoor shoots.

tokina also quite famous for its 50-135mm...

tokina lens for normaly ppl only suggestion for wide angle lens.
12-24 F4
11-16 F2.8
16-50 F2.8 CA is higher for outdoor shoots.

But only the 12-24 F4 is compatible with D60 (if you require AF).

Last edited:
icic. i am goin to shop for lens. any where that i can get good proces for third party lens. have been looking for post that have third party price guide but like limited. i went to ap funan and they tried selling me lens at ripped off prices, lucky i did my research and didnt buy. any advice=)

icic. i am goin to shop for lens. any where that i can get good proces for third party lens. have been looking for post that have third party price guide but like limited. i went to ap funan and they tried selling me lens at ripped off prices, lucky i did my research and didnt buy. any advice=)

you can have a look at the third party lens price list on clubsnap, they have a lot of lenses to look at

one of the most recommended third party lens is the tamron 17-50 2.8, sharp, good colour, and the newer version has a built-in motor, so will autofocus with your d60

test first before buying to be sure you get a good copy

Check out this forum for many recommended shops to get your lenses. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.