D60 laggy processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupla

Mar 27, 2009
Hi all

I've just purchased a D60 not long ago and everytime after I take a picture, a hourglass shows up on the LCD for a good few seconds even if I take just a single frame. Note that I am shooting in jpeg not RAW. There is no change even if I press the playback button, I will still have to wait.

Is this a manufacturer's defect? Or something I overlooked on my part?

Thank you

Hi all

I've just purchased a D60 not long ago and everytime after I take a picture, a hourglass shows up on the LCD for a good few seconds even if I take just a single frame. Note that I am shooting in jpeg not RAW. There is no change even if I press the playback button, I will still have to wait.

Is this a manufacturer's defect? Or something I overlooked on my part?

Thank you

Are you using High ISO and High Noise Reduction ?

few weeks back during the IT show, i test D60 also hav those kind of feeling but they dint slot in the memory i think. mb u nid to check ur memory card in term of how many mb/sec? by the way i dont think the memory card u get are slow in saving the picture. jus give an idea for you to check it.

hope other can help...
cheers

Are you using High ISO and High Noise Reduction ?
Hi my ISO is normally around 400 / 800 and noise reduction is turned on.
After reading your reply I turned noise reduction off, and VR off. But I still have to wait for the hourglass to go off before the picture shows

:/

few weeks back during the IT show, i test D60 also hav those kind of feeling but they dint slot in the memory i think. mb u nid to check ur memory card in term of how many mb/sec? by the way i dont think the memory card u get are slow in saving the picture. jus give an idea for you to check it.

hope other can help...
cheers
I dont think it's the memory card because I've tried it with my other cards and it's the same.
Thanks for offering to help though :)

Try disabled the Active D-lighting if you leave it on

Check active D-lighting also... Off it and see if it solves the problem...

EDIT: copycat beat me to it... :bsmilie:

copycat stays at the same place as me too!!!

Last edited:
Check active D-lighting also... Off it and see if it solves the problem...

EDIT: copycat beat me to it... :bsmilie:

copycat stays at the same place as me too!!!
It was!

Yea.. me got the same prob too.. thanks to this thread, i got the solution! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.