D60 CHA Message

Kermit13sg

Jul 9, 2010
Does anyone know how to fix this or point me to a place to fix this? I have replaced CF cards but problems still exist from time to time. It is not always there, sometimes formatting the card with camera works, sometimes it does not.

Camera has become unpredictable, I took it to this year's airshow just to have it "CHA" on me. Reduced to Iphone camera. :angry:

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to fix this or point me to a place to fix this? I have replaced CF cards but problems still exist from time to time. It is not always there, sometimes formatting the card with camera works, sometimes it does not.

Camera has become unpredictable, I took it to this year's airshow just to have it "CHA" on me. Reduced to Iphone camera. :angry:

Try NSC.

Kermit13sg said:

D60 use CF card meh?

My D60 uses CF card. Anyway thanks

Are you really that sure D60 uses CF cards??

The last time I saw the CHA error message was on a D70s. And the problem was a problem with the card-reader PCB. Replaced that and the problem goes away. And yes, the CHA error was intermittent.

These camera makers are running out of model numbers. :bsmilie:
Why they can't avoid those model numbers used by their competitors?

Canon has D60...Nikon has D60 too
Minolta has 5D...Canon has 5D too
Minolta has 7D...Canon has 7D too
Canon has A700...Sony has A700 too
and so on....

The last time I saw the CHA error message was on a D70s. And the problem was a problem with the card-reader PCB. Replaced that and the problem goes away. And yes, the CHA error was intermittent.

Thanks, will take it to a NIKON SC.