D5100 user...fall in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where to get third party En-EL14 batteries for this camera? Been looking ard but doesn't seem to be available other than at red dot photo. wondering if other shops in town have it.

3rd party not avail yet, I got an original one instead

why not stick to original batteries? it's nt worth saving a bit of money and risk damaging ur camera in the process. the repair costs will be in hundreds since damages caused by 3rd party batteries r nt covered by warranty.

Anyone know the price guide for D5100 and the freebies they give?

guys what kinda lens can i get for 5100 since its does not have erhhh dunno wat motoring??

The D5100 should work with all Nikon lenses with AFS designation or Tamron lenses with BIM (Built in motor). Look for these in the lens description when buying. This does not equate to autofocus (i.e. lenses that can autofocus on camera bodies). For eg. the nikon 50 mm 1.8D lens will autofocus on other nikon bodies (like the D90) but not on the D5100. The upcoming 50mm 1.8G however has the AFS motor and will autofocus on the D5100.

price from Parasilk Bedok and Holland Village for D5100 is 995 with GST (cash only), freebies is 8GB card and a nikon carrying bag. The bag looks crappy....

Hi, doe any1 know whether SG is selling body only D5100? because i saw the nikon website only sells the 18-55 kit while i was aiming for the 18-105.

Hi,

I'm contemplating to buy a D5100; however i read that it does not have a built-in autofocus motor.
Am unsure if this would reduce the lens choices greatly in future? Or the compatible lens for auto focusing mode will be much more expensive?
Need some advice.

Hi,

I'm contemplating to buy a D5100; however i read that it does not have a built-in autofocus motor.
Am unsure if this would reduce the lens choices greatly in future? Or the compatible lens for auto focusing mode will be much more expensive?
Need some advice.

U have to buy AF-S lenses (for Nikon lens) for the autofocusing, which are relatively more expensive than AF-D lenses.
For 3rd party lenses u have to buy those that have built-in motor.

Thanks Nubzz...

Next is to see the real thing in the shop.
Tried to go MS color to get a feel of the camera, both occasions weren't a pleasant visit.
Was crowded and wasn't entertained :S

Am going to try other shops tomorrow!

@ DarellChua, I got mine body only at Orient Photo (then again i did buy other lenses)

@ Yellow Elephant, have u tried Best Denki, Harvey Norman etc.. just to molest the camera (think Best Denki bishan have it on display, cant be sure but i recall 1 of those stores had it on display)

@ syaitann, erm how was is the body only D5100?

wow went to funan to hunt for a D5100 with my friend today. Apparently all OOS from most of the main shops like SLR, TK, Alan. Man, are they hot. Haha. Ended up at South Asia, a bit ex, but yeah my fren's ok with it then bought it..last set. :)

so er roughly does any1 know the roughly estimated price of both body only and kit lens? sorry i have problems finding the prices. and i havent been to any shops yet. might think of going with my friend

I went to MS color today, they are left with 1. So no display set to play ard.
You may want to call and check for stock (before going down) if you're interested.

Just got mine today at Harvey Norman, Suntec. Got a good bundled deal there. Ran a lot around for this one tonight. Funan had it sold out completely. Its my first DSLR, looks stunning. At the stage of exploring it now...
New stock will arrive by Next week(end).

Price is like this.

1.) Parasilk Bedok/Holland: 995 (Cash only), 8GB card and Nikon Bag
2.) TK Foto: 1009 (Cash/Nets), 8GB card, Nikon Bag and Tripod.
3.) Iphoto: 1000 (Cash only), 8GB card, Nikon Bag.

Anyone can add in more?

My deal was...

Harvey Norman: 1199 (cash/nets), 8GB mem card, Nikon Camera Bag, Tripod, Screen Protector, Lens UV protector.

I thought the deal was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.