D5100 user...fall in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOod price! Going to get one on Friday haha. Thanks man!

Did you get screen protector and UV filter?

not yet....maybe end of the mth..then buy..broke liao..haa

just bought my new 5100 from TK foto for 1009
TK Photo sell at $1009 with 8GB, tripod and bag?
That's a really good price!
I will go down on friday to get it!

Any update of outcome?

Confirmed.... Nikon can't do anything about the Tamron lens issue...... no firmware update..... ask me to bring it to Tamron... :(
so sad.... I may have to let go my very vasertile lens.
Anyone interested a Tamron 18-270 lens? Selling cheap! PM me.....

been lurking around for quite some time and have more or less decided to get the nikon d5100.
anyone kind enough to post a pic of the nikon bag?
thanks in advance.

Got mine D5100 from John316 yesterday, great service :D

Got mine D5100 from John316 yesterday, great service :D

Don't mind me asking the price u paid? What are the stuff thrown in for this price?

Confirmed.... Nikon can't do anything about the Tamron lens issue...... no firmware update..... ask me to bring it to Tamron... :(
so sad.... I may have to let go my very vasertile lens.
Anyone interested a Tamron 18-270 lens? Selling cheap! PM me.....

Result as expected.

Nevertheless, focusing using viewfinder should still sharp.

Unless you are going to for live view, this should not stop you from using 18-270.

I find this combination very useful for traveling and the quality are acceptable.

Don't mind me asking the price u paid? What are the stuff thrown in for this price?

By the way, any of you guys want to buy over the brand new nikon bag that came with my d5100? I have no need of it since i'm using my existing lowepro. If you're interested to buy, PM me with your quote. Thanks! :)

By the way, any of you guys want to buy over the brand new nikon bag that came with my d5100? I have no need of it since i'm using my existing lowepro. If you're interested to buy, PM me with your quote. Thanks! :)

post this up in buy and sell section instead. here's not the place to do so.

Result as expected.

Nevertheless, focusing using viewfinder should still sharp.

Unless you are going to for live view, this should not stop you from using 18-270.

I find this combination very useful for traveling and the quality are acceptable.

I find this lens very useful as well, I love it..... buy have to shoot using only manual focus is not so fun lor.....

dear mates,

is it possible to use D5100 on Nikkor 50mm f1.4D or 50mm D1.4G ? what is the difference bet. these 2 lens ? I would like to have some good bokeh on my portrait photoshooting, and suggestion for me ? thx

dear mates,

is it possible to use D5100 on Nikkor 50mm f1.4D or 50mm D1.4G ? what is the difference bet. these 2 lens ? I would like to have some good bokeh on my portrait photoshooting, and suggestion for me ? thx

hmm u can only use lens with motor = af-s lens =)

hmm u can only use lens with motor = af-s lens =)

thanks lucky =) i am still figuring out how to choose correct lens to match with the body =) thx

which mean i can only choose af-s lens... ermm... it got to be AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G then?

Last edited:
The D5100 will fit any nikkor lens. Just that D5100 do not have a build in motor, you need to choose lens with AF-S for AF to function. Else, the rest will be on MF that all.

thanks lucky =) i am still figuring out how to choose correct lens to match with the body =) thx

which mean i can only choose af-s lens... ermm... it got to be AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G then?

yup, or u can wait for the new nikon 50mm 1.8g? if not 35mm f/1.8g is good enough for your purpose.

maybe i should rephase it yup your nikon d5100 can use any nikon lens. just that if u wan af to work u need to use af-s lens as ur cam got no in build motor.

Anyone know where to get third party En-EL14 batteries for this camera? Been looking ard but doesn't seem to be available other than at red dot photo. wondering if other shops in town have it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.