D300s User Thread

Wow, so many of you are upgraders from the D90...

I recently got mine after the D70 is starting to give me attitude problems. ;)

:thumbsup: I got my D300s on thursday, than start go out practice on Fri/Sat....she also show me attitude she scold me with some picture saying that I m not familiar with the functioning:bsmilie::confused:

:thumbsup: I got my D300s on thursday, than start go out practice on Fri/Sat....she also show me attitude she scold me with some picture saying that I m not familiar with the functioning:bsmilie::confused:

Need to practice more often lor..

When I frist got from D300s, first few images horrible..

Wow, so many of you are upgraders from the D90...

I recently got mine after the D70 is starting to give me attitude problems. ;)

OT a bit. Just curious, what sort of attitude problems?:think:

OT a bit. Just curious, what sort of attitude problems?:think:

Well, at times the shutter just refuses to release, I have to shut down the camera and restart it and MAYBE it would cooperate. lol

That plus the fact that the D300S has a much bigger sensor/ better dynamic range/ better ISO... hehehe.;)

Well, at times the shutter just refuses to release, I have to shut down the camera and restart it and MAYBE it would cooperate. lol

That plus the fact that the D300S has a much bigger sensor/ better dynamic range/ better ISO... hehehe.;)

Hmmm I thought the sensor are of the same size? Both are APS-C size sensors? :think:

Hmmm I thought the sensor are of the same size? Both are APS-C size sensors? :think:

Same here. Regarding the shutter hang, what's the shutter count like?:)

Sorry, my mistake, sensor size is almost the same lah, 3.67cm2 VS 3.72cm2. hehe,must be dreaming of the D700 when I typed that!

Same here. Regarding the shutter hang, what's the shutter count like?:)

Been using it since 2004, shutter count should be quite high. Its not with me now, loan it out to my sister who is trying out photography as a hobby. I'd check then let you guys know again.

Sorry, my mistake, sensor size is almost the same lah, 3.67cm2 VS 3.72cm2. hehe,must be dreaming of the D700 when I typed that!

Been using it since 2004, shutter count should be quite high. Its not with me now, loan it out to my sister who is trying out photography as a hobby. I'd check then let you guys know again.

I hate to tell you this, the way the D70 was made, some parts of it will last a much longer time than a D300s will ever do. Eg. the rubber grip material on the D70 rarely drops out. But just about every D200 and D300's rubber grip will loosen after some time and peel.

I hate to tell you this, the way the D70 was made, some parts of it will last a much longer time than a D300s will ever do. Eg. the rubber grip material on the D70 rarely drops out. But just about every D200 and D300's rubber grip will loosen after some time and peel.

Well, just dun let my wife know that! She bought me the D300S because she felt guilty for cracking the body of my D70 during our honeymoon in the States!

;)

Well, just dun let my wife know that! She bought me the D300S because she felt guilty for cracking the body of my D70 during our honeymoon in the States!

;)

thats so sweet.... dont worry what happen in CS stays in CS... hahahha:cool:

;)

No worries bro. Might want to let her handle some of your older lenses. You might get lucky again. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

thats so sweet.... dont worry what happen in CS stays in CS... hahahha:cool:

I hope so! Lol

No worries bro. Might want to let her handle some of your older lenses. You might get lucky again. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Hmmmm...thats evil! But I like!

yeah, what if his wife is also CSer? :bsmilie:

Nope she's not! She dun really know where I get poisoned!

:bsmilie:

I'm still learning to get good exposure at different situations :bsmilie:

Anyway I shoot using RAW+Basic JPEG.
RAW to make adjustments to exposure/contrast/brightness/colours, etc.
Basic JPEG more for own convenience sake.

limitation, honestly I have not gone through each of you did on this camera yet. So I still haven't find a flaw to emphasize and like Nikon to improve on. One thing I hope that its to fire the external flash without firing the commander built-in flash. :think:

Im a D200 user, Cant D300s flash use as a command to fire my SB900?
For D200 the body build in flash can set to -- just light flash to trgger the SB900 cant D300 do that?

Last edited:
For D200 the body build in flash can set to -- just light flash to trgger the SB900 cant D300 do that?

I would like to find out too. Do you mean to ask can the built in flash on the D300s be used to trigger the remote flash without triggering itself?

What is the best highest ISO for D300s can go with a clean noise level Pix?

Oh well, it certainly can.. Its called i-ttl built in flash that allows u to set to commander mode to triger remote flashguns, most cam from D70 onwards to D700 has it (apart from pro bodies like D3 series which do not have built in flash) :)

What is the best highest ISO for D300s can go with a clean noise level Pix?

Not a D300s user, but play with my friend's before.

IMHO, @ 3200 and it start to crumple.. Even at ISO 1600, some level of grain become clearly visible..