D300s User Thread

I'm still learning to get good exposure at different situations :bsmilie:

Anyway I shoot using RAW+Basic JPEG.
RAW to make adjustments to exposure/contrast/brightness/colours, etc.
Basic JPEG more for own convenience sake.

limitation, honestly I have not gone through each of you did on this camera yet. So I still haven't find a flaw to emphasize and like Nikon to improve on. One thing I hope that its to fire the external flash without firing the commander built-in flash. :think:

Yes, one feature to improve on would be to fire the external flash without firing the built-in flash. To nitpick, another one that I would like to see is to be able to access "My Menu" using the function button or preview button instead of accessing the topmost menu in "My Menu".

Might want to try MS. Should be around 330(cash) but i think they only have 1 or 2 pieces left.

Cheers:)

waiting for a kind soul to collaborate with me to offset some cash when he/she buys the D700/D300s without the need of MB-D10. :bsmilie:

Maybe can ask the Mod's to creat a new section in Nikon for "Want to Share" in the personal classified. :bsmilie:

waiting for a kind soul to collaborate with me to offset some cash when he/she buys the D700/D300s without the need of MB-D10. :bsmilie:

Dude, u can always go for third party grips, if not it be a long wait for you...:cool:

Anyone check out the price in Malaysia for MB-D10?

Anyone check out the price in Malaysia for MB-D10?

From Yamiya online purchase add shipping charges, approx SGD31x-32x?

Don't think have international warranty for DSLR accessory. :)

3rd party grips, are they dependable?

Some brands are slightly more reliable, some brands are not. Some brands are reliable sometimes, unreliable sometimes.

Question is... Will you take the risk? What if something happens and it fries your camera body?

If I need a battery grip, I will most likely go original. But I have also heard good things about a brand called Meike, as I have heard reviews among the Chinese photog community that it is one of the better in the bunch of 3rd party grips.

Personally? I hate battery grips. It adds weight for not much more benefit. I think grips were cool back in the day when they used to house motor-drives for film SLR. With digital, I can just have a couple more batteries in my pocket. I mean, it only takes me like 2-3 seconds to swap another battery in.

Last edited:
Some brands are slightly more reliable, some brands are not. Some brands are reliable sometimes, unreliable sometimes.

Question is... Will you take the risk? What if something happens and it fries your camera body?

If I need a battery grip, I will most likely go original. But I have also heard good things about a brand called Meike, as I have heard reviews among the Chinese photog community that it is one of the better in the bunch of 3rd party grips.

Personally? I hate battery grips. It adds weight for not much more benefit. I think grips were cool back in the day when they used to house motor-drives for film SLR. With digital, I can just have a couple more batteries in my pocket. I mean, it only takes me like 2-3 seconds to swap another battery in.

Thks for the info. Actually, i am using the grip not for the extended life of the batteries. Its more on the weight & grip. Somehow since the days of my D90, I have been so accustomed to the vertical grip(initially due to the extra weight, it balances perfectly on certain heavier lenses) that with my current body, it sort of feels weird w/o it.

Cheers :)

Yo folks,

To say hi to all Nikon 300s user, as I just got my today....before was using D90.
may need some advise in future from all senior user here.:)

Yo folks,

To say hi to all Nikon 300s user, as I just got my today....before was using D90.
may need some advise in future from all senior user here.:)

Welcome to the 'S' club :)

Yo Wmayeo,

Tks for ur welcome me to the Nikon 'S' club.......
by the way like to ask any folks here using prime lens on D300s?
as I m struggling whether should I get a prime lens......

Don't think have international warranty for DSLR accessory. :)

i just enquired in one of the shops in Johor (for SB600 though), no international warranty just local Malaysia warranty. forgot the shop's name, but its the one at big Giant supermarket.

by the way like to ask any folks here using prime lens on D300s?
as I m struggling whether should I get a prime lens......

know what you want to shoot and get the appropriate prime. like me for instance, I'm using the cheap 50mm f1.8 for portrait and is serving me well for portrait.

Wow, so many of you are upgraders from the D90...

I recently got mine after the D70 is starting to give me attitude problems. ;)