D300s buffer / remaining shots

evopilot

Sep 20, 2007
Hi guys, I got a question regarding the buffer on the D300s. For JPEG Fine, the specs state that it is 44 shots with the following conditions:

Maximum number of exposures that can be stored in memory buffer at ISO 200. Drops if optimal quality is selected for JPEG compression, ISO sensitivity is set to Hi 0.3 or higher, High ISO NR is on when auto ISO sensitivity control is on or ISO sensitivity is set to 800 or higher, or long exposure noise reduction, Active D-lighting, or image authentication is on.

I followed the above conditions and set to Shutter priority at 1/250 just to test but when I half-press, the remaining shots would only show [r26]. However, the camera can continuously take the maximum 100 shots in under 15s. While taking 100 shots, the [r ] stays at either [r17] or [r18].

Any idea why the remaining shots only show [r26]? Any D300s there that can show r[44]?

Thanks! :)

Hi guys, I got a question regarding the buffer on the D300s. For JPEG Fine, the specs state that it is 44 shots with the following conditions:

I followed the above conditions and set to Shutter priority at 1/250 just to test but when I half-press, the remaining shots would only show [r26]. However, the camera can continuously take the maximum 100 shots in under 15s. While taking 100 shots, the [r ] stays at either [r17] or [r18].

Any idea why the remaining shots only show [r26]? Any D300s there that can show r[44]?

Thanks! :)

Maybe buffer can really only take 26 shots.. but as you are shooting, the writing is fast enough to clear the buffer at around r17-18 shots. 100 shots continuous limitation is just a limitation set by the manufacturer, and has nothing to do with the buffer getting filled up.