D300 Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckii96

Jul 20, 2006
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
My D300 was dead after only 3 months and 16 days with slightly less than 10,000 shutter count!

The first syndrome was than I couldn't turn the camera on, but the display of remaining shots was still there. It myriculously came to life again after 2~3 hours, but it hung after taking a shot and I couldn't switch the camera off. Sometimes it rebooted itself. When it hung, the viewfinder turned matte and all the viewfinder information showed up as ghostly display. I had to remove the battery for it to reboot under this circumstance. I then tested the camera with continuous shooting mode and it always hung after 3~4 shots.

After one day, the camera was dead, literally. It wasn't showing the remaining shots and I couldn't turn it on! The camera is now at the repair centre at Shinjuku, Tokyo, and I'll only know the problem when it is fixed by 9/9/2008.

Does anyone come across this problem? :cry:

could be battery problem... unable to hold a constant discharge

CK,
still under warranty, why not send to NSC for service? many people still waiting for you to post more nice photos in your blog.

could be battery problem... unable to hold a constant discharge
This problem was ruled out at NSC when they tested it with their battery.

my condolences...
:cry:

CK,
still under warranty, why not send to NSC for service? many people still waiting for you to post more nice photos in your blog.
It is now at the NSC of Shinjuku, Tokyo. I can only get it back on 9/9/2008. I still have my old and faithful D70s with me, so I'm not losing any precious moment. :)

MÝ Ðë©ËMBëR®;4308260 said:
eheh... sorry to hear tt... tts y im still holding on to my D2X :bsmilie: maybe time for you to buy the D700? :think:
That's one big bottle of poison! I have thought of selling off the repaired D300 and get a D700! :confused:

This problem was ruled out at NSC when they tested it with their battery.

:cry:

It is now at the NSC of Shinjuku, Tokyo. I can only get it back on 9/9/2008. I still have my old and faithful D70s with me, so I'm not losing any precious moment. :)

That's one big bottle of poison! I have thought of selling off the repaired D300 and get a D700! :confused:

Wah,camera in Japan? You based there?

hope you get your d300 problem resolved.... i know how it feels... mine died on me before

ha ha..... that's a very good excuse to get the D700....
no need to feel guilty and yet get to enjoy the power of the D700 :bsmilie:

Wah,camera in Japan? You based there?
I'm only here for 6 months. I will be back to Malaysia on 30 Sept.

hope you get your d300 problem resolved.... i know how it feels... mine died on me before
Thanks for the comforting words. At least I still have my old but faithful D70s with me. :)

ha ha..... that's a very good excuse to get the D700....
no need to feel guilty and yet get to enjoy the power of the D700 :bsmilie:
But the trade-in price here in Japan is so low! I'll be getting only about 50% of the price I paid. :(

Same thing happened to me too:
http://adventurenomad.blogspot.com/2008/03/nikon-d300-death-and-resurrection.html

I sent it back to NSC and they changed the power board (Whatever that means. No problems since then)
Thanks for the info. I hope mine will be cured forever too. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.