D2H or S3Pro -- Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
singscott said:
S3pro have iron out all the "problems" it will fully work with all nikon g lens and speedlight flashs but not sure abot iTTL :sweatsm: .

No i-TTL, but now it supports D-TTL.

yqt said:
I also understand that Fuji have a problume with the Nikon speedlight: not all function on Nikon Speedlight will work on Fuji S1/S2. How about the S3?

Where did you hear or read this from ? Fuji S2Pro (don't know about S1Pro) works perfectly with older (ie. non d-ttl or i-ttl) flashes ... I use an SB27 & SB28 on mine and exposures are pretty much spot on. For some reason, bounced flash works particularly well.

ericp said:
Where did you hear or read this from ? Fuji S2Pro (don't know about S1Pro) works perfectly with older (ie. non d-ttl or i-ttl) flashes ... I use an SB27 & SB28 on mine and exposures are pretty much spot on. For some reason, bounced flash works particularly well.

I have the S1Pro and it did not work fully with my SB24 although the manual say it will ( confirm with the technican from Fuji ) :angry: . Anyway, Singscott have replied that Fuji have iron out these issues in the S3Pro :vhappy: . Once the price is confirmed, I'll check it out. Thanks guys for the info :thumbsup: .

I will still choose D2h over S3Pro...if only I have enough $$$ :(

Kho King said:
I will still choose D2h over S3Pro...if only I have enough $$$ :(
I expect the D2H price to come down in SG soon, as US and Canada has already cut the price.

As more of a photographer, I choose the best equipment that I can afford. A pro constructed body (I'm quite rough with my equipment) with very durable batteries (see the Bam, Iran earthquake story featured in CS), makes the D2H or D2X a better choice for me.

If I want zero post-processing, I'll get a digital P & S.

yqt said:
I have the S1Pro and it did not work fully with my SB24 although the manual say it will ( confirm with the technican from Fuji ) :angry: . Anyway, Singscott have replied that Fuji have iron out these issues in the S3Pro :vhappy: . Once the price is confirmed, I'll check it out. Thanks guys for the info :thumbsup: .

That's sad to hear ... I saw output from a friend's S1Pro (way before I got my S2Pro), and the images, in good light, blew me away. Even the night shots in ISO 320 were terrific ... once he was at an airport, and took a photo of an airliner preparing to go off, and you could see what people were doing in the cabin (the window seats, obviously :) ) ...

When you said "did not work fully" I'm guessing it to mean that you can't get good results in TTL mode with it, or some tweaking is needed all the time. I've got my S2Pro in "dumb" mode, ie. "P" most of the time, and it works for me.

I'd love the build quality of a "pro" DSLR, but for the moment, I'm extremely happy with the output from my S2Pro. With the prices of new DSLRs moving in a definite southerly direction, I'm likely to use it until it wears out or Mr Murphy comes visiting.

Azure said:
Lend me on weekdays!!!!!

But I'm off on weekdays! :sticktong

Azure said:
Heheh.... indeed S3 has fantastic out-of-cam quality. My brief trial with one has convinced me that it suits me perfectly. F1 film simulation mode is good enough for work, with great pixel quality, can blow up to A2 without any noticeable degradation. F2 mode is :lovegrin: VELVIA!!!

And I don't care for 8fps, I love the DR, and I prefer to use AA batts over proprietary lithiums.... :sticktong .... S3 Pro over the D2H.

Yeah. You have been yammering about the Fuji cams since the crack of dawn. It's ok. Same boat here. :thumbsup:

VincentLin said:
But I'm off on weekdays! :sticktong
No go lah. My other "projects" will be keeping me busy the remainder of the year... and when the new year arrives... :rolleyes: busy again. You got yours in the first few units that came into Sg?

Just for your info, I've been adapting to something else also hor..... but don't find much diff in its output (at least up to 18x12 sizes) from my S2, so am pretty content.

oh and I'm still shooting with my little 4500... do look out for my work to be published in 2005. :D :D :D

a war going on is becos , some of u prefer

1)People who shoot sports , like 8fps.. (D2H)

2)want zero post-processing... (S3PRO) ....
:think:

Both Nikon and Fuji cameras suck! My Nokia camera is the best because it can make phonecalls and recieve SMS! :) Somemore can play java games and surf internet! Neither D2X nor S3Pro can do these!

DeusExMachina said:
Both Nikon and Fuji cameras suck! My Nokia camera is the best because it can make phonecalls and recieve SMS! :) Somemore can play java games and surf internet! Neither D2X nor S3Pro can do these!

Ya just wait I get 7MP samsung camera phone :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I seriously feel that Fuji cameras are often overlooked. :dunno:
In contrast, the bigger brothers are sometimes dignified. :eek:

DeusExMachina said:
:kok: :kok::kok: :kok:

heheh... why flame war again.. Just buy whatever it suits your needs.. be it D2H or S3 Pro... :)

my unscientific and unstructured take between the 2. i tried the s3pro in shop and the d2h from fellow cser on different occasions.

1) build including ergonomics, quality of material and perceived toughness of the shell - d2h [s3pro feels plasticky and the left side of your palm will get in the way of vertical shutter and causes it to focus, so have it leave it at lock mode unless holding vertically]
2) speed - d2h [s3pro is 2.5 fps but that's more than enogh for me]
3) focus areas - d2h [but i do center focus, so no diff actually]
4) value for money using latest US prices - d2h [local prices will set a d2h at 45xx? and s3pro 36xx?]
5) image preview speed - d2h [the preview for s3pro is slow but.... next point]
6) lcd resolution - s3pro [excellent resolution for the s3pro's 2" lcd but d2h has 2.5"]
7) weight - s3pro [since s3pro shell is so plasticky, it is light, as a matter of fact, incrementally heavier than d70 only]
8) size - s3pro [small and light is good for long walks for street shoot]
9)image details, off camera - s3pro
10) colors, off camera - s3pro [the f1 and f2 simulation is really really good. Of course, PS gurus may be able to recreate the same effect]
11) image resolution - s3pro [specs says so]

My nitpick on s3pro:
1) no corresponding dial for vertical shutter
2) no ittl :cry:

The s3pro does not impress me on the exterior but the image quality (colors and resolution) that it produces (limited test) is very good.

So no obvious choice for upgrade :bsmilie:

Inside sources say ~$7K. :devil:

I'm not tempting you am I? It's Mr Meerkat tempting you :)

2534meerkat4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.