D200 Vs D2H

Status
Not open for further replies.
D2H noise is beta than D200, tat's pretty new to me. now, if u're talking abt D2Hs, i think the noise is slightly beta than the D2H but... as compared with D200... :bsmilie:

main reason for the D200 performing worse than ur D70s(i cringe with fear!), is u do not know how to properly use it well esp. if its shot in indoors where the shutter timing might be a'lil tricky as the D200 needs much more precise handling.

its a slightly more difficult camera to control and appease. and if u use a lower end lens, expect the D200 to out-resolve the lens completely and render it useless. so, i advocate the purchase of the higher-end lenses such as the Angenieux, the f2.8 Nikkors range or the Prime lenses.

creaxion, ur next upgrade is the D200. get rid of the D70s and say 'hello' to D200!

be a man. do the right thing!

The reason why I specify the use of 3rd party lenses on the D200 is that pp do not mistaken that the D200 cannot perform. To me, it may be just an issue of the lens not matching the body (interestingly, the third party fit very well with D70S). That is why I said that high end lens may perform differently.

i wonder why there aren't shots of many many ppl in his examples?
wat i meant to say was, i would love to see how the D2Hs resolve the many many faces such as a group shot as compared to the D200.

as for colours on the D200, it can be controlled on the camera body itself. no biggie.

Is there a problem with group shots?

no direct experience but i did hear a magazine ed wail about the low mp res of some pro's pictures he'd got in...

i do wonder the same thing though myself - d2h or d200?

surely, the d200 should be better? its been several years since the d2h came out, whose successor appears to be the d2x - which is beyond my budget, whereas a secondhand d2h sits well against the d200 if it werent for the 4mp res...

*ponders some more*

The reason why I specify the use of 3rd party lenses on the D200 is that pp do not mistaken that the D200 cannot perform. To me, it may be just an issue of the lens not matching the body (interestingly, the third party fit very well with D70S). That is why I said that high end lens may perform differently.

with regards to the high-end lenses... YMMV.
it depends on who is using them on the D200.;)

how about reducing the size of your currect camera to 4MP and give it a try? if you think CMI den think it is better to go for d200 :bsmilie:

tat's not the way to judge the resolving power of a 10mp and a 4mp.

ideally, it should be a 10mp camera pitted against a 4mp camera. :think: am i right?
let the 4mp camera 'upsize' to 10mp on PS and compare? again, i'm not tat sure. :think:

actually, regarding d2h's 4mp, i read in several places that its at least comparable to d70's 6mp. the reason has something to do with the filter infront of the sensor making a d2h pixel being 'higher quality' so to speak. the website link in the original post showed comparisons which prove this point.

reducing your current camera to 4mp is a unfair comparison again due to the 'pixel quality' thing, you might as well compare the 10mp d200 with a 10mp compact.

my conclusion is, for a smaller file size, 8fps, cam2000, the slight difference is maximum image quality(only when you print really big) is acceptable and i'll choose the d2h.

personal note, 8fps mirror slap is music to my ears:D

:bsmilie: i do not knw, creaxion. i'm jus asking why there isn't an example shown?
at times like this, u do hope for a pro who uses the D2H/s and the D200 to shed some light into this issue.:bsmilie:

Play humble pie hah

D2H noise is beta than D200, tat's pretty new to me. now, if u're talking abt D2Hs, i think the noise is slightly beta than the D2H but... as compared with D200... :bsmilie:

main reason for the D200 performing worse than ur D70s(i cringe with fear!), is u do not know how to properly use it well esp. if its shot in indoors where the shutter timing might be a'lil tricky as the D200 needs much more precise handling.

its a slightly more difficult camera to control and appease. and if u use a lower end lens, expect the D200 to out-resolve the lens completely and render it useless. so, i advocate the purchase of the higher-end lenses such as the Angenieux, the f2.8 Nikkors range or the Prime lenses.

creaxion, ur next upgrade is the D200. get rid of the D70s and say 'hello' to D200!
be a man. do the right thing!

Unfortunately did not upgrade to D200. Chose the 30D for noise control instead. Can shoot at ISO 1600 without problems. Nice for mood shots and low light shots. D70s still my most used trusty cam though. Depend on my mood and settings when I chose which cam to use

Unfortunately did not upgrade to D200. Chose the 30D for noise control instead. Can shoot at ISO 1600 without problems. Nice for mood shots and low light shots. D70s still my most used trusty cam though. Depend on my mood and settings when I chose which cam to use

wow.. 2 different systems.

wow.. 2 different systems.

Best of both worlds :thumbsup:

If you can afford it :sweat:

oh yeah, i understand why u chose not to use flash with ur 30D. :bsmilie:

no la.. humble cheesecake. :bsmilie:
i don't haf a D2H, tas y i can't really compare. so i'm hoping for ppl who own both cameras to maybe do a simple test. :thumbsup:

What kind of group shot u want to test. As far as I see from my friend's D2H pic, no problem. Malay Dais shot. I can ask him to test. What test do u want?

I dont understand this part leh, care to elaborate? How can it become "useless"? Does it mean if I use the lens on say, D70s, the body might outresolve the lens and stay "useful". While using it on D200 might outresolve the lens and it becomes "useless"? :dunno:

D2H at ISO800 is still good but you have to take note of your exposure. If you want to see uprezzed examples of the D2H pics, go ask Knight Ong or Watcher to show you their 20/30 pictures. The quality is amazing. That said, D2H`s 4mp surprisingly contains a lot of detail, albeit lower DR range compared to the D200.

I dont understand this part leh, care to elaborate? How can it become "useless"? Does it mean if I use the lens on say, D70s, the body might outresolve the lens and stay "useful". While using it on D200 might outresolve the lens and it becomes "useless"? :dunno:
D200 is 10mp. D70 is 6mp.
some lens that might work on a 6mp camera might not on a 10mp+ camera.
y so?

if u wanna know more, pls go and read up on thom hogan's D2X review.

here for ur convenience, read it here under performance.

what good is a lens if it can't fully achieve what the 10mp or 12mp camera can do?

useless, isn't it? less u're satisfied with the performance, i rest my case.

D200 is 10mp. D70 is 6mp.
some lens that might work on a 6mp camera might not on a 10mp+ camera.
y so?

if u wanna know more, pls go and read up on thom hogan's D2X review.

here for ur convenience, read it here under performance.

what good is a lens if it can't fully achieve what the 10mp or 12mp camera can do?

useless, isn't it? less u're satisfied with the performance, i rest my case.
Thanks! Shall read that up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.