D100 ver.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightpiper

Oct 20, 2003
i saw D100 ver.2, anyone know whats that ver 2 all about?

nightpiper said:
i saw D100 ver.2, anyone know whats that ver 2 all about?
where u see it?

There is no Ver. 2 D100. I think you are confussing it with the Ver.2 firmware upgrade that was introduced after the initial batch of D100 bodies. The firmware upgrade fixed certain issues on the original firmware but also added extra functions like the Lexar Write Acceleration (WA) Technology compatibility to the D100 to use the Lexar WA compact flash cards. Here is the news release that was issued back in 2002.

Firmware Upgrade Info for D100 said:
D100 users can enjoy full compatibility with Mac OSX 10.2 (Jaguar) including PTP USB protocols when using Nikon Capture 3 (using new version capture 3.5) Camera Control. Other improvements include ICC profile embedding, compatibility with Lexar Media new Write Acceleration technology, and practical organisation of sound memo (.wav) files when using the optional MB-D100 Multi-function pack.

o i c, its just a marketing ploy to confuse consumers & sell cameras! :)

say szennyboy, when is your baby gallery going to be up? Juz bot a film scanner & did a few test, results at pbase.com/crayonblue. do drop by. :)

nightpiper said:
o i c, its just a marketing ploy to confuse consumers & sell cameras! :)

say szennyboy, when is your baby gallery going to be up? Juz bot a film scanner & did a few test, results at pbase.com/crayonblue. do drop by. :)

has always been up wat... in fact just updated the Engrish version last nite...
here's the link to the Engrish one! ;)

Went to your gallery... very cute!!! How do you like the Coolscan 5000? I'm still using my ancient Minolta Dimage Scan Elite II. :D

very cool scanner. the results r far better than the crappy canon 5000F. dun know abt u, but this is the first time i had a film scanner, i find it has a steep learning curve.

if u notice, there's one pic in the gallery that has some mould which the ICE didn't clear. if i put the ICE too strongly, i get soft image. i guess u need to clean the slides/negs first before scanning.

speed wise, its very fast with slides but quite slow with negs. same problem as with the other scanners, negs scans r not very accurate. heard silverfast is good but i dun wish to pay so much for a scanning s/w.

later going to SLS to buy a super duper USB cable to replace the supplied crappy cable. i think that shud give better performance, well at least psychologically. :)

i thot u said u have a new gallery for your baby, so i waited so long for u to give me the link. will check it out now.

have a great weekend!! :)

nightpiper said:
i guess u need to clean the slides/negs first before scanning.
Of course must wat! Might want to check your slides/neg storage area though. If got mould then its not the right place to store them.

speed wise, its very fast with slides but quite slow with negs. same problem as with the other scanners, negs scans r not very accurate. heard silverfast is good but i dun wish to pay so much for a scanning s/w.

later going to SLS to buy a super duper USB cable to replace the supplied crappy cable. i think that shud give better performance, well at least psychologically. :)
That's one of the reasons why I went for the Minolta... got USB 2.0 AND IEEE 1394 connection option. Firewire is very much faster.

i thot u said u have a new gallery for your baby, so i waited so long for u to give me the link. will check it out now.
Paisay... I thot I did pass you the link! Oops!!! :embrass:
It was always on our home site (main photography page, not my personal start page)!

Status
Not open for further replies.