Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DigiFreak

Tried panning with G2...here's the result:

cycling.jpg

Originally posted by Mystix
nice pic :)
care to elaborate how to take this pan shot?

I found that with the G2, you have to prefocus, otherwise the autofocus is not fast enough to capture the moving subject. So I focused on an object which I estimated to be at about the same distance as a cyclist would be by half-pressing the shutter release button and held it until this guy came along. I panned the camera at him about 3 metres before he reached the "sweet spot" & then just fully pressed the shutter release.

(TV mode)Shutter speed: 1/60 Apeture: f2.8

Took about 10 shots & this is the only one that is passsable. Most others are blurred. Also had to crop as the cyclist wasn't where I wanted him to be.

Originally posted by DigiFreak

I found that with the G2, you have to prefocus, otherwise the autofocus is not fast enough to capture the moving subject. So I focused on an object which I estimated to be at about the same distance as a cyclist would be by half-pressing the shutter release button and held it until this guy came along. I panned the camera at him about 3 metres before he reached the "sweet spot" & then just fully pressed the shutter release.

(TV mode)Shutter speed: 1/60 Apeture: f2.8

Took about 10 shots & this is the only one that is passsable. Most others are blurred. Also had to crop as the cyclist wasn't where I wanted him to be.

Its bout the same method for normal slrs.
:)

rather than pre focus, why not manual focus?

anyway nice panning shot!

Originally posted by Daniel
rather than pre focus, why not manual focus?

I really hate the manual focus on the G2. The resolution of the LCD is not high enough for me to see clearly (yes, even with the magnified "square" in the centre) as to whether the subject is really in focus. To be sure, I would have to go in and out of focus a few times. So I find prefocusing much faster & less hassle.

anyway nice panning shot!
Thanks for the complement.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.