Cycling in Beautiful Japan (Fukuoka - Kyoto)

sinkasa

Akiyoshi%2520Dai.jpg

Our%2520bromptons%2520at%2520Akiyoshi%2520Dai..jpg

A%2520Bare%2520tree%2520at%2520Akiyoshi%2520Dai%2520during%2520sunset.jpg

Tree%2520at%2520Akiyoshi%2520Dai%2520during%2520sunset..jpg

Last edited:
Nice travel series, by cycling it will take more time to travel? or more time to enjoy the beautiful journey? :)

Nice travel series, by cycling it will take more time to travel? or more time to enjoy the beautiful journey? :)

I would like to think that it is somewhere in between driving and walking. you get to enjoy the beauty more as compared to driving. feel the air, smell sound... nice. of course it is slower.

if you enjoy cycling, than i would say the experience is fantastic.

:D

I would like to think that it is somewhere in between driving and walking. you get to enjoy the beauty more as compared to driving. feel the air, smell sound... nice. of course it is slower.

if you enjoy cycling, than i would say the experience is fantastic.

:D

Please share more of your "experience" with us. :)

very interesting move to cycle and shoot :thumbsup:

thanks for sharing the shots here, they are beautiful.

Seems like your effort does pay off well too :)

Billy

Thanks for sharing.

You must be a very fit cyclist to do this.

Too bad I'm way lacking in mileage now to even consider doing something like this.
How long was the journey?

There is a Sado Island ride event too in case you don't know.
I've heard from friends that its a nice casual event.

Must be quite exhilarating cycling in such beautiful landscapes. The sight of the sakuras in Kyoto is lovely. Thanks for sharing....

Last edited:
Hi, I just start cycling. May I know how you store and carry your camera and lenses on your bike? How you prevent shaking?
Thank you very much.

Nice. Could you share more of your experience with us? Am planning a trip to Japan at the year end. The guide books/pages recommended cycling round Kyoto and was wondering if we should do such. Is there like a "recommended" route?

Hi, I just start cycling. May I know how you store and carry your camera and lenses on your bike? How you prevent shaking?
Thank you very much.

Not the TS, but I've done it a couple of ways :
1. Just cross sling on body; usually for shorter distances; (but not that safe to do on trafficked roads due to the risk of snatch thefts)
2. Put in haversack bag which is slung on the handlebars
3. Placed in bag which is secured on the rear panier.

Shaking should not be a issue so long as its not going to physically contact a hard surface when traveling (since its in a padded bag or otherwise padded)

Not the TS, but I've done it a couple of ways :
1. Just cross sling on body; usually for shorter distances; (but not that safe to do on trafficked roads due to the risk of snatch thefts)
2. Put in haversack bag which is slung on the handlebars
3. Placed in bag which is secured on the rear panier.

Shaking should not be a issue so long as its not going to physically contact a hard surface when traveling (since its in a padded bag or otherwise padded)

Thank maybe I should try out in a shorter ride.

always love this sort of holiday. Something different from the usual city/town and transportation.

love this adventure of yours on that really tiny bike.

Nice work

Just last week I watched a travel programme on how this guy rode his motorbike from the east to western Australia. On his way he saw some bicyclist travelers

I don't have a motorcycle license so thought traveling on a bicycle seems like a good idea. Of coz I am not thinking of riding the whole of Australia. I thought of doing it in a Japanese city, and I saw this thread

Woould like to ask a few questions:
Did you rent the bicycles or it's your own.
When it's not possible to ride(for example from the airport to hotel, or taking the train) were there any problems transporting your bicycles.

Nice work

Just last week I watched a travel programme on how this guy rode his motorbike from the east to western Australia. On his way he saw some bicyclist travelers

I don't have a motorcycle license so thought traveling on a bicycle seems like a good idea. Of coz I am not thinking of riding the whole of Australia. I thought of doing it in a Japanese city, and I saw this thread

Woould like to ask a few questions:
Did you rent the bicycles or it's your own.
When it's not possible to ride(for example from the airport to hotel, or taking the train) were there any problems transporting your bicycles.

Hi,

I brought my own bicycle.

This is a folding bike so I have no problem transporting or even bringing it onto the train.

Place like japan is great for this kind of cycling because of the superb transport available.