Curious Toddler

algine23

Dec 31, 2009
4447049729_a5da16ed89_b.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
-Newbie Hobbyist here, wanting to know if my composition would please the eye of veterans out there.

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
- Learn more about composition

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- This pic was taken after being reunited again with my son

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
- I personally like this...:thumbsup:

I am afraid that I found the picture to be more surreal and even disturbing. A toddler kept behind coloured bars, like how we use fairy tales to fabricate their reality. And while it seems that the toddler have the sensibility to try and look beyond this cage, the fact that it is kept within the cage is just mightily disturbing.

Anyway, the composition of the photo isn't that bad, if you're trying to come out with a disturbing message like what I stated above. But if you wish it to be just about celebrating your time and capturing the mood of the child, then it miss the mark by quite a bit. Instead of having a top-down view of the child, with lots of other elements that a child can interact with, go with the more traditional portraiture style, i.e. at the same eye-level, and a large focus on the face. Spend more time with the child (e.g. paying attention, talking, playing, smiling etc.), and take the picture only when he is more relaxed.

I am afraid that I found the picture to be more surreal and even disturbing. A toddler kept behind coloured bars, like how we use fairy tales to fabricate their reality. And while it seems that the toddler have the sensibility to try and look beyond this cage, the fact that it is kept within the cage is just mightily disturbing.

Anyway, the composition of the photo isn't that bad, if you're trying to come out with a disturbing message like what I stated above. But if you wish it to be just about celebrating your time and capturing the mood of the child, then it miss the mark by quite a bit. Instead of having a top-down view of the child, with lots of other elements that a child can interact with, go with the more traditional portraiture style, i.e. at the same eye-level, and a large focus on the face. Spend more time with the child (e.g. paying attention, talking, playing, smiling etc.), and take the picture only when he is more relaxed.

Looking back at the picture, I think I have to agree with u on this...My child looks like having the curiosity of playing outside the cage rather than merely watching the carousel go by...

thanks for your time, I'll keep in mind about ur suggestions...:sweat: