CSers HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

simple_guyz

Feb 10, 2005
What's u guyz recommendation for the good prosumer camera below 1K?
new or 2nd will be welcomed.
Any idea?

look at the Panasonic FZ20

can get a 2nd hand G5? or maybe second hand F828/F717?

whoaa.....

Thanx man, but anyway how's Fujifilm finepix S7000z compared to Lumix FZ20?
I like fuji becoz it's shutter speed very fast. So less, problem when shooting at night.

And i'm looking for a good colour lens without re-touching in PS.

WHich lens is better or the best?
Sony F818, LUMIX FZ20, S7000z, or konica minolta?

thanx!

Or you can look at a Konica Minolta A1/A2 2nd hand in CS's buy and sell, A2 should be less than 1K, while the A1 can be obtained for about/slightly above the price of a new digital ultra compact.

Both are great with AS (image satbalisation), A1 at 5 megapixels, A2 at 8 (A2 was a Sony 818 contender). And if it matters, a verticle grip controller is available for both cameras.

I would get a used 300D instead.

Well, The A1/A2 also has built in wireless flash feature which allows you to trigger off the 3600HS(D) and 5600HS(D) flash off camera. I dug out some images for you.

266angle001frame-web.jpg

266angle004frame-web.jpg

Bindadari Cemetry. Both Taken with the A1 and 3600 flash on wireless.1

It would be nice if you can jump onto a DSLR immediately, but it's significantly more expensive if you consider the lens you are going to get. And of course you'll have to consider more since you will be bounded to the system, although I'll say any of them be it Canon, Konica Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, etc has sufficient tools even for you to shoot professionally. (alphabetical order here :bsmilie: ). And the learning curve with a DSLR is a little steeper.

Generally, the DSLR over prosumer pros and con can be sumed up as: DSLR is for you if you can afford it, will not end up not using it, can bare with the lack of LCD shooting and Movie shooting, Heavier, Bulkier but in return get much better image quality, Much better high ISO and long exposure operations, faster operations, impoved expandability. It's your choice really.

I second Flare, get a minolta A1 / A2 , very "pro" sumer camera :thumbsup:
I saw one in B&S bundled with external flash, go grab it ;p

simple_guyz said:
whoaa.....

Thanx man, but anyway how's Fujifilm finepix S7000z compared to Lumix FZ20?
I like fuji becoz it's shutter speed very fast. So less, problem when shooting at night.

And i'm looking for a good colour lens without re-touching in PS.

WHich lens is better or the best?
Sony F818, LUMIX FZ20, S7000z, or konica minolta?

thanx!

Confused here...you said faster shutter speed for night shooting? You should be looking at slower shutter speed for night...IS more impt then...

Anyway, if I were you, I will consider the FZ20 for the 12X optical, OIS and of course LECIA lens.... :lovegrin:

Paladin said:
Confused here...you said faster shutter speed for night shooting? You should be looking at slower shutter speed for night...IS more impt then...

Anyway, if I were you, I will consider the FZ20 for the 12X optical, OIS and of course LECIA lens.... :lovegrin:

Definitely agreed with you, used to own a olympus c2100uz, then bought a Panasonic FZ10, when comparing the two camera image together, the FZ10 is a hell lot easlier on me, most of the image taken do not need any post processing and I really do mean it. Open up the image file taken by the FZ10, I also dunno what to edit when compare to the olypmus c2100uz, I have to minimize the noise, usm, adjust the color abit. Now with the canon D60, its even worst, a whole hell lot of equipments like lens, flash, batt, a lowepro mini trekker aw and etc when compare to the last time I own the FZ10, its only a small waist pounch with all the accessories like the payhee tube, flash, and a extra batt. Sometimes, i really wish I have the dough to spend on a FZ10 as a daily carry ard cam, so much easlier on my shoulder, wallet, eyes and comp.....no need to deal with those huge and chunky RAW :bsmilie:

If you are an casual street photographer taking photo as an hobby,
whom do not wish to spend too much money on camera, dislike changing lenses, but require a minimum of wide-angel to telephoto (28~200mm), the SONY F828 is the one for you. I luv the f/2.0 - f/2.8 lens and its robust rugged pro looks.

I hv one for sale at http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=123334 :thumbsup:

Thanx for the overwhelming replies,

For the faster shutter speed at night means when I'm taking picture without tripod so the result won't get blurry since Finepix S7000z the lowest ISO is 200 but very less noise. (read from dpreview though)

well, I'm pretty confuse now.
Choices are :
1. Panasonic FZ20
2. Canon G6
3. 2nd hand F828
4. 2nd hand Konica Minolta A2
5. Fujifilm S7000z

I'm not intend to but DSLR because I'll be having EOS350D in a couple months from my bro overseas.
I'm thinking about buying a Prosumer Camera that have a lot of feature and vibrant color for a casual use.

Whaddya think guyz?
My strong candidate will be FZ20, anyone could change my mind with reasonable reason?

simple_guyz said:
Thanx for the overwhelming replies,

For the faster shutter speed at night means when I'm taking picture without tripod so the result won't get blurry since Finepix S7000z the lowest ISO is 200 but very less noise. (read from dpreview though)

Dun really get what you are trying to achieve here but using a fast shutter speed at night might not really get you pics the won't get blurry instead it might gives you a black pic and if i remember correctly, the aperture of the S7000z shld not be a constant F2.8 thru out the focal length hence it might lose out to the FZ10/20 at the mid or tele end and thus resulting in even slower shutter speed.

Taking pics at night without the blurry effect you are saying and using a fast shutter speed can only happen if you are using a flash or the surrounding is very bright, got very steady hand also plays a part and also the IS can contribute a bit of help there.

how bout CANON powershotpro 1 or G6?

how bout CANON powershotpro 1 or G6?

pro 1 very few on the 2nd hand mkt and G6 will set u back more than $1k

Fast shutter speed at night? To avoid camera shake I presume. One thing is to find a camera with a bright lens, good high ISO performance and maybe some kind of image stabilisation,.

And one thing, try to shoot wider in these situations. Indoor in the day could force shutter speeds of like 1/30 or slower at ISO 100, can't imagine how it would be at night. (2004 motorshow, ISO 3200, f5.6 and my shutter speed is 1/15 seconds, thank god for AS :bsmilie: ) Shooting at night will always be more restrictive than shooting in the day. And there's always the flash and a tripod.

S7000z minimum iso is 200... er... I don't see the point here. All the cameras you listed can go higher, ISO 800 even (although 800 will definately be noise-a-mania). What I suggest is to pick a non busy day for your favourite shop, and go down and try out the cameras. There's a lot more than just looking at specs. I've been using Minolta Digi cams since I started photography not long ago in 2002, and I can't stand the user interface of some other camera makes. One man's cake may be another's poison. I love minolta's extensive external controls, but some might find it scary.

I think I've made u guyz confuse about my point of view of the "faster shutter speed".

Well, in the dpreview, phil askey is comparing S7000z which is the lowest ISO is 200 and Sony F828 with ISO 64. And what's amazed me is that the noise is pretty much the same and it's very comparable.
That's why I was saying that i could've faster shutter speed without compromising the quality of the picture itself.

I hope I made a clear point there.......

Back to the topic, I'm not confident enough which cam should I buy.
Choices now:
1. Panasonic FZ20
2. Canon G6
3. 2nd hand Powershot pro 1
4. 2nd hand F828
5. 2nd hand Konica Minolta A2, how bout Dimage Z5?
6. Fujifilm S7000z or S20Pro?

thank you guyz in advance.

wainism said:
pro 1 very few on the 2nd hand mkt and G6 will set u back more than $1k

It's around 950-1050.

Status
Not open for further replies.