Crumpler bag advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have one of these bags, cos Crumpler Singapore just dont carry the Buntion inserts for Fux Deluxe anymore =(

honestly speaking, i got this because of the looks. not as spacious as other uglier backs could offer.

and also, seen many photogs here carrying heavy load with this bag, so i guess it's trustable with load.. =)

what is the difference between a 6 million and 7 million ?

There is one more official crumpler store in Paragon...

I still prefer my stealth reporter 400 to my 7 mil home... but its true the 7 mil home can swallow up a tonne of gear.

I managed to squeeze in.. D70s with 17-55/2.8, D200 with grip and 85/1.4 mounted, 80-200/2.8 with hood reversed, SB-600 and a SB-800.

Big enough for most people? I think so. :bsmilie:

I got a couple of crumplers...they look street-like...that is the only reason I like...I never like camera bags that shout camera bags.

My view on crumplers, get locally is cheaper...simply because our tax is lower...and crumpler AU have agreements with overseas distributor for the pricing in Asia. Just like u never get a UK product cheaper in neighbouring European countries without suffering from taxes and freight. If not all the Germans, French will take a train to UK and come back.

Crumpler is very knockable and fashionable, but its expensive, heavy and bulky. Its ok with very few gears or alot of gears where u need to lay out your stuffs to shoot anyway. No travel, press, sports or quick action photogs will use it. I use a small slingbag to stop rain drizzle but can only put in a body, a lens and a flash. A backpack will load everything especially in airports, big cities etc. Its looks good cool too!

hey..hope you don't mind me tagging onto your thread...

i am going on a vacation soon, and will a 7m crumpler be large enough for

1. 350D body+grip
2. 17-35mm tamron
3. 70-300 sigma
4. 10-20 sigma
5. 580ex flash

and where can i get the best deal in sg.?

thanks inadvance!

Hi Guys:

This may sound silly...if you travel on a plane with a 7m crumpler full of your precious camera and lenses, would you put the crumpler in the overhead compartment or under the seat? Which is safer? :sweat:

Hi Guys:

This may sound silly...if you travel on a plane with a 7m crumpler full of your precious camera and lenses, would you put the crumpler in the overhead compartment or under the seat? Which is safer? :sweat:

under seat.

at least if plane crash, can faster grab and jump parachute :bsmilie:

Hi Guys:

i couldn't put my stuff under my seat cos it was too big. overhead compartment it went!

Actually... if you fly a decent airline, the in-flight crew would insist that you put baggage of that size in the overhead compartment. Citing reasons such as blocking a quick escape, blocking your access to your life vest, etc etc.

Actually... if you fly a decent airline, the in-flight crew would insist that you put baggage of that size in the overhead compartment. Citing reasons such as blocking a quick escape, blocking your access to your life vest, etc etc.

Yup...probably overhead compartment is the best place to place camera bags on a plane...but have seen how roughly some of the filght attendants handled the baggages in the compartments when they made room for other passengers' stuff...even on SIA flights.

Hi there

my apologies if this seems like it is hijacking the thread :sweat: ...but has anyone (who owns the 7mil?) squeezed a laptop inside as well? =p

...just wondering whether it is feasible to carry some photo gear (say 1 body, couple of lenses, misc stuff) and a laptop (say 14" size or smaller?)

Hope this is helpful to the thread started as well :)

Hi there

my apologies if this seems like it is hijacking the thread :sweat: ...but has anyone (who owns the 7mil?) squeezed a laptop inside as well? =p

...just wondering whether it is feasible to carry some photo gear (say 1 body, couple of lenses, misc stuff) and a laptop (say 14" size or smaller?)

Hope this is helpful to the thread started as well :)

i can squeeze a 14" laptop in easily w/ 400d+tamron 17-50 + waterbottle + umbrella+ 2 small novels. 15" is a really tight squeeze. My advice, bring down all your gear to try, you'll definitely have to play around with the compartment arrangement so that you got a nice long uninterrupted slot at the back for the laptop.

In terms of water proofing whilst travelling ...

My comprimise is to buy some cheap plastic ziplock bags (from 7/11) to place my gear in. If I'm caught in an unexpected down pour I can rest easy knowing that my gear is dry.

My tripod carry bag also has a small pocket in which I store an umbrella and plastic bag. I can protect my crumpler and gear if it rains, because when it rains in Sg, it really rains.

I always, always put my gear in a wheely trolly suit case whilst travelling through the air ports which gets stored overhead. That way I know the gear won't get damaged.

sorry to tap the thread...

Is mil 7 enough for

1. D50 with sigma 70-200mm f2.8
2. SB 800 flash with SD 8A with Lightsphere
3. sigma 28-70
4. nikon 50 f1.8
5. Sigma 18-200 mm
6. many many batteries for Flash and D50
7. 14 inch lap top with charger

sorry to tap the thread...

Is mil 7 enough for

1. D50 with sigma 70-200mm f2.8
2. SB 800 flash with SD 8A with Lightsphere
3. sigma 28-70
4. nikon 50 f1.8
5. Sigma 18-200 mm
6. many many batteries for Flash and D50
7. 14 inch lap top with charger

go for crumpler backpack or lowepro steath reporter D550/650...

I'm convinced. I'm buying one. My 50th birthday very very soon so i'll drop the hint to the Missus and kids an see what happens. See if i'm lucky. The big one this year !!!!!!

Regards Blair :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.