Crossing Bridges V2.0 2005 Photo Trip - Hong Kong And Macau

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
Just would provide some ideas for your guys and have a safe trip :)
1) Cost effectiviness on budget airlines: SG->Macau->SG by Air is cheaper then SG->HK->SG

2) Hong Kong includes Hong Kong island, Kowloon Peninsular, N.T. and some islands surrounding Hong Kong. When you talk about "Hong Kong" in Hong Kong, it means Hong Kong ISLAND, but when you talk outside Hong Kong, I think people assume you talk about the Hong Kong Special Administration Region (entire Hong Kong).

3) I saw your route and schedule, please make sure you know where are places are, otherwise you will spend a lot of time and $$ on travelling, e.g. Goldfish/flower market at Prince Edward near MongKok, then you go HK island, then come back to kln again, the MTR price is around HK$13 for across the harbour. So, I would suggest you to stay the whole day in kln and spend another whole day in HK island.

4) The hotel is very convenient at MongKok, but becareful your personal belongs and safety.
5) Macau or Macao will be always slightly higher temperature in summer than HK, and the taxi is much much cheaper, you might feel what is the real "hot" weather which is differnt from Singapore, remember to drink more water and find the toliet, not easy to find sometime. You will find the old building and street are very similar to Malacca.

5) The tape water is not drinkable in HK and Macau, you need to boil it first before drink.

6) If it is possible, go with someone who lived in Macau and HongKong before as a tour guide.

7) Always watch out your belongs.

8) Don't miss out the summer sales in HK during Sept timeframe. The MongKok computer shopping center is very neat your hotel, or you can go Shamshuipo for the Golden Shopping center by MTR, just 2 stops away.

Just my $0.02 idea, good luck and have a happy trip, don't forget to share your pics with us.

MCS ;)

thanks very much for your concern and advise MCS! much appreciated.

The final revised itinerary will be out mid July after a couple of us recce the entire route in early July.

Summer seems to have come to HK this year a month earlier than average (heard that it was storming and flooding in several areas yesterday). Hopefully that means an early end to summer too :) as the trip is right at the tail end of summer.

For those on the trip, I'll be sending an email out to you guys on what's been happening either Friday or Monday!

ed

email sent out today to those of you on the trip list! please check it and get back to me soonest

thanks

ed

a couple of slots have opened up........ its clashing with one of the participant's Tibet trip so he is dropping out of this HK-Macau trip.

Please contact me if you want to take up that slot.

Summary :

31 Aug - 4 Sep - 5 full days of shooting in Hong Kong and Macau.

S$515 includes
-Opening Dinner
-Trip gifts and prizes
-2 way airport transfers
-Accomodations for 4 nights in HK
-2 way HK-Macau-HK ferry tickets

Please contact me at 96611331 if keen to join.

Everyone's paid up their deposit and are now in process of paying the balance $$$..... so if you want to come along please be prepared to settle payment in full.

Indonesia has a long waiting list of photographers who want to go on the trip......so if nobody takes up these slots, I'm passing it over to the guys at fotografer.net .

Hi Ed, Call me if you have some free time, when in HK. My mobile is 93649769.
I was in Macau on Monday and Tuesday and was rewarded with some sunny weather. Shot off some Fuji 800 press and a couple of rolls of Konica 100 chrome, - it's only HK$20 per roll here! I had an old manual focus Tamron 17mm lens on the Canon and there were times when I wished I had a 14mm.

hi Jerry for sure will be calling you NEXT WEEK when we (2 of us) are in HK for the pre-trip reconnasance!

thanks!!!

ed

a couple of slots have opened up........ its clashing with one of the participant's Tibet trip so he is dropping out of this HK-Macau trip.

Please contact me if you want to take up that slot.

Summary :

31 Aug - 4 Sep - 5 full days of shooting in Hong Kong and Macau.

S$515 includes
-Opening Dinner
-Trip gifts and prizes
-2 way airport transfers
-Accomodations for 4 nights in HK
-2 way HK-Macau-HK ferry tickets

Please contact me at 96611331 if keen to join.

Everyone's paid up their deposit and are now in process of paying the balance $$$..... so if you want to come along please be prepared to settle payment in full.

Indonesia has a long waiting list of photographers who want to go on the trip......so if nobody takes up these slots, I'm passing it over to the guys at fotografer.net .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some sample images of places we're going on this trip in HK and Macau......will post up hotel images later

HK_-_COILS_OF_INCENSE.jpg

hk_-_ceiling_of_st_lawrence.jpg

hk_-_peak_balcony.jpg

hk_-_peak_view.jpg

hk_-_schoolgirl_crossing_road.jpg

this one quite grainy but just to give you an idea of Macau Tower........ I'm sure u guys can do much better with a half decent telephoto vs. my consumer P&S DC

hk_-_macau_twr.jpg

it's always this type of anticipate feeling when going oversea.
Just came back from HK early this month,some of my image to share in my gallery.

BP International House......... our home base for the 5 days in HK and Macau!

hk_-_bp_room_2.jpg

hk_-_bp_room_1.jpg

hk_-_bp_floor_corridor.jpg

hk_-_bp_room_toilet.jpg

hey guys, it looks like almost everyone is shooting with dslrs on this trip. so have to warn you about the types of electrical outlets in the hotel room at BP International

In the bedroom there is a (ONE) regular 3 pin outlet

plugs_3pin.jpg

In the toilet there is ONE2-pin round outlet. Below is the ACTUAL photo of the outlet in the toilet

Ele3.jpg

SO the hotel has a few multiple outlet extension cords to let us use but NOT THAT MANY (remember the Indonesians are even in worse situation because their country uses the 2-pin FLAT type )...... those who have multiple head extension cords, please bring one along

each room will need to charge 4 dslrs batteries each evening and very possibly handphones too......

I will bring a 1 to 4 extension cord for my own room as my other one is being used at home for my PC/monitor/modem/printer already

IF you have those 3-pin to 2-pin plastic plug converters ($1 for a pack of 4 ) please bring along too

Ele3.jpg

sorry, the plugs in the BP Hotel toilet look like this......the bedroom has a 3-pin outlet like our type in Singapore for water heater

PLEASE check your emails everyone on the trip list.

Your room allocations have been sent out

TWO more slots are available!!! PM me if you want to hop on board. Closing everything once we get tickets issued at end of July

After final tweakings, the itinerary's outline is listed below........

For clubsnappers who might be based in HK or happen to be in HK during this period of time, please let me know and you'll be more than welcome to join us for specific activities (but not qualify for the prizes and trip goodies).

Please PM me with your email address so that I can include you in the mailing list when the complete itinerary details (with timings) are sent out to all participants.

General Outline without the nitty gritty details

31 Aug Day 1 Wed - Arrive HK at 11am. Afternoon and evening shoot at the Peak and the Peak Trail followed by night architectural shoot of Central and maybe Lan Kwai Fong

1 Sep Day 2 Thurs - Morning shoot at Flower Market, Yuen Po bird garden, Goldfish Market and Ladies Market followed by afternoon shoot at Ping Hsiang Heritage Trail. Sundown and Evening shoot at the Avenue of Stars and Symphony of Lights

2 Sep Day 3 Fri - Morning shoot at Tai O fishing village and then at Po Lin Monastery. Late afternoon shoot at Wong Tai Sin Temple

3 Sep Day 4 Sat - Whole day shoot in Macau.... departing around 5am. Begin at St Paul then to Lea Senado Square, St Augustine, St Joseph and St Lawrence churches and Temple of Amah. Late afternoon shoot at Macau Tower and moving away from Tower to shoot evening fireworks. Return to HK late night.

4 Sep Day 5 Sunday - Morning Dim Sum shoot and depart for airport for 12pm flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.