Cross Process with Kodak Elite Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

doUbleCHIN

May 10, 2004
Singapore
www.2chins.com
I just finished a 36 roll of Kodak Elite Chrome 100 and cross process using C-41 hoping to see "whacky" results. :sweat:

However, I noticed almost all of my shots have got a lot of yellow tone. Below is one sample. Some other shots exert even more until detail also not obvious. It just look unusual to me especially after seeing some of the shots xpro with the same film. Really nothing like this. I am not really picky but seeing all 36 shots having the same color tone just look weird to me.

The film is not expired. I am wondering does the "color" largely depends on the chemical or the lab we send to? Or something else.

Many thanks for any reply.

testy1.jpg

Each lab process their films a little differently and in this digital day and age, most of the chemicals used for processing film isn't changed very frequently. This could cause your yellowish hues.

The "colour" depends on the chemical, the lab and the brand/kind of film you use. I went to many labs before I found 1 that produces the results I wanted. Unfortunetly they have closed. :( It'll also depend on the subject you're shooting lah. You can expect a not so colourful subject to turn out whacky just because of cross processing.

Which lab did you go to btw? Hope what I said helped abit. :p

Thank you very much Lurgee. Yes I also suspect is the chemical cos all 36 look the same to me. Very "cha lat" :bsmilie:

The one I went to is KT at upper cross street. Btw, in your opinion, where else can we try and xpro?

hmm.. was going to send in my fuji astia for xpro at KT.... how ah.

Just pray is not all one super colour lo! :bsmilie:

Hopefully Fuji Astia will be different. Remember to share your results here....

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.