"Credit to Photographer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day it's still the photographers' decision whether to give permission
that his works are used albeit the professional photographers whose lively hood will be affected that really show cause for concern.As for hobbyist it's up to them to give rights
for their works to be used eg TFCDs.

But it will be quite difficult to regulate or police such things unless there's some sort
of registered soceity for photographers to oversee such violations.Still it's about individual
choices.

It's not difficult. If you see your picture posted, and there is no credit given or you did not give permission to post, raise hell. If we see a picture posted without credit, we raise hell. At the end of the day, the membership can only police those without proper credit, the photographer must police those where permissions were never granted.

It has to be a DIY thing. At the very least we clean up our own house first!

for enforcement, its easier to do so in the same forum. i dun remember wad airplanes or weddings... :sweat:

if there is/was a violation we should at least voice out. but as for "go up in arms", wad does it entail? :dunno:

A while ago, some young photographer posted in another airplane photography forum pictures as his own but he did not take. Some one here found out. We were practically lynching this guy. I have no problem with the lynching. But let's lynch all those who deserved to be lynched.

More recently, a wedding photographer, violated the copyrights of others, we lynched him.

However, why are we so laxed with pictures posted by photoshoot organisers?

Haha! because a lot of people operate under the grave misconception that "credit to the photographer" is a valid form of credit!!

the lack of 'education' on wad credit to photographers really mean? :think:

*this i speak for myself, i know little

by any chance a concrete guideline or such is formed, i hope it be made sticky.

Vince, draft something!

Aiyo, lidat also need to draft meh, I thought common sense:

1. Make sure you get permission from the photographer before using his works. Permission granted by anyone other than the photographer may result in you running the risk of infringement because that other person may or may not have the right to grant permission on the photographers behalf. Do it at your own risk.

2. If the photographer grants permission on the basis that you credit his work, be sure that you identify him. A simple statement such as "Credit to <name>" will do; unless the photographer requires some other format or details to be inserted. Some require email address to be inserted, others require mobile phone etc. The basic idea of a credit is so that people know who did the work, and so that they can contact the photographer if they wish to engage him - credited works are a form of advertisement.

Will this do?

Aiyo, lidat also need to draft meh, I thought common sense:

1. Make sure you get permission from the photographer before using his works. Permission granted by anyone other than the photographer may result in you running the risk of infringement because that other person may or may not have the right to grant permission on the photographers behalf. Do it at your own risk.

2. If the photographer grants permission on the basis that you credit his work, be sure that you identify him. A simple statement such as "Credit to <name>" will do; unless the photographer requires some other format or details to be inserted. Some require email address to be inserted, others require mobile phone etc. The basic idea of a credit is so that people know who did the work, and so that they can contact the photographer if they wish to engage him - credited works are a form of advertisement.

Will this do?

Aiyo ... see, you had put it all together so well.

Admin, what do you think? Make Vince's draft a sticky?

At the end of the day,organisers are just too kan chong to post and advert their shoots without doing the homework to give credits to the rightful owners of the pictures.
I notice a cycle,a repeated trend which starts with model giving organiser 'their' pictures and though the model affirm the organiser that permission has been sough,something goes utterly wrong.Either the model is lying or the photographer forgets he ever gave permission.
Then the photographer finds out his work has been used for personal gains and organiser just give credits.
All just seem too convinient for the organisers.
For intergrity sake,organisers should do their homework and istead of pushing the blame,take take charge like a responsible adult.

Well, thats why we have organisers, and we have Organisers. :)

Vince, draft something!
we all know that Vince is our resident's lawyer, but it looks like he is also your private secretary too :bsmilie::sweatsm:

at least, say the magic word la :sweat:

Thank you Vince!

Thank you Vince...

may i be granted permission to leech the 2 notes and paste it in my photo sites profiles?

Go ahead, but must credit me leh! :p WAHAHAH!! :p

Thank you Vince...

may i be granted permission to leech the 2 notes and paste it in my photo sites profiles?

We will add in the note by vince123123 to the guidelines for the Photoshoot Organisers, and appreciate if members can self-moderate by reporting missing credits using the Post Reporting function.

till now i still waiting them to credit to me. :bsmilie:

yeah. youre waiting for credit. but where does your profile pic come from? did you credit it too? :)

Credit to photgrapher, debit to models :bsmilie:

Heheh go ahead :)

Gee I didn't know that my half baked draft also got so many pple use, even CS :p lolz. maybe shd do a proper one; but I think this works good enough.

This is good! May I use it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.