Creative Zen Touch... comments anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ckiang said:
Hi,

Being a Creative product, the audio quality of the Zen Touch is going to be excellent. I've personally compared the Zen NX 30GB vs a 3G Apple iPod via a DIY Headphone amplifier and using both Sennheiser HD600 and AKG 501 headphones and found the Zen to be slightly superior.

Regards
CK

you working for creative mah.

CK work for creative?

i believe the long battery life is not due to the kind of battery they use. it is due to the power consumption and the way the player manages the power especially when accessing the HDD.

There is an article in CT yesterday comparing the Zen and iPod. Quite informative.

Zen touch have FM radio via wired remote but ipod none.

The Creative devices play WMA, even those with DRM. That makes a world of a difference to me.

In any case, saw that a unit was available to try out (I think) at the Courts Roadshow at Funan.

hmmm i keep bashing ipods, but i got extensive handson hee.
but other than the MUCH easier ui + wheel and nicer look it's just soso.
softer than muvo2, nx, iriver, hk oems (yes all tried too, same earphones).
i think zen touch shd be the same as their hdd ones, just smaller and longer batt (claimed not tried by me) and CHEAPER (optional remote useless bulk).

tidbit: just did a 50min jog with a muvo2 (starhub) in my pocket, maybe u can't do aerobics and sprints, but i had no skips whatsoever.

IMHO, those using PC (or on a budget) use creative... those using mac, use ipod... don't care about sound quality cos it can be manipulated... '

gave my friends this advice, never did let them down...

simple and sweet... :)

Sound quality actually cannot be manipulated. If the playback device is good enough, you should not need to tweak EQ settings etc to make it sound better. :)

Mac users don't have much of a choice anyway, so it's between the iPod and other Mac-compatible devices. For PC users it's a matter of "looks good" vs "long battery life".

Regards
CK

ckiang said:
Sound quality actually cannot be manipulated. If the playback device is good enough, you should not need to tweak EQ settings etc to make it sound better. :)

Mac users don't have much of a choice anyway, so it's between the iPod and other Mac-compatible devices. For PC users it's a matter of "looks good" vs "long battery life".

Regards
CK

can can! just choose between 64kbps wma/mp3 and 128kbps aac (160kbps mp3) lorz... :bsmilie: don't need for EQ also...

erm.. mac users CHOOSE the ipod cos it does PLENTY of things that the creative zen can't.. and it's not just compatibility issues... for one, you can't start up ur comp with your zen can you? :D

for PC users, the choice is clear... either the good looking one or the economical one... :)

5,000 songs? 10,000 songs?
You listen to your player for 12 days non-stop?

Go get a life pls...

I managed to borrow one to try. Sound quality is indeed very good. Battery life is excellent. I left the thing playing for 4+ hours non-stop and it's still at full charge. :)

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.