Not open for further replies.

waycool

Oct 10, 2007
Crazy weather these days...
3494843214_a05da19f60_o.jpg

More crazy lightning...
3504262309_89a369876a_o.jpg

3505073834_bd1f3ee97c_o.jpg

did you just leave your shutter open for 30 seconds? I'm thinking of doing something like this also. Crazy lightning from 2 to 3am just now. Wanna try tonight if there is any.

wondering if you can share how you shoot these lightnings?

thanks. they are beautiful
didn't know that we can see such horizontal lightnings.

soo lucky!! your house can see lightning.. ive been wanting to try and take lightning.. but since i stay in a 4th floor HDB its impossible..

ive read this in a mag.. taking lightning is really simple.. just open the shutter and pray something strikes.. if u are using a remote then turn it off when something strikes.. if not use a black card to prevent further lightning from messing up the pic..

Wow. Brilliant.

For those wondering. These lightning are known as cloud-to-cloud lightning. Got to know these as I was researching for weather phenomenon.

Time the frequency of lightning strikes and open your shutter in bulb mode. Close after lightning strike. Set exposure to be enough for a 1-3 second exposure. The key is timing. For example, in the images above, the frequency of the lighting strikes are about 20 seconds apart. I trip the shutter about 20 seconds after each strike. Close after the strike. Just keep counting the seconds between each strike and adjust accordingly.

This was shot last year... Right above me. SCARY. I stopped after a few captures. Be SAFE.
3523087164_85ef1ceaa6_o.jpg

Your great shots inspire me man.:thumbsup:

Will try someday, I am staying 20th floor, facing Pasir Panjang area.:bsmilie:

Good shot!!! Too bad i stay at 2nd floor can't take this type of photo unless go outdoor;(

Lucky u to capture the Lighting. I miss them couple of time. U r rite the weather looks weird nowadays .... guess we r close to the end of the world ... never mind let shoot for the good will ... Cheeerzsss bro

Status
Not open for further replies.