A Clubsnap Photography Exhibition?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adiemus

May 21, 2004
Small island....
Hey all,

Just got a crazy idea. Do you think that Clubsnap would be able to organise a regular (every 6 months) photography exhibition at (eg. MITA building)?

This way, we promote photography as an Art form and also allows for budding CS photographers to be HUNG...

What do fellow CSers think? Moderators? Darren?

Hiee...

One idea along similar lines previously was to have an out door exhibition....
Each CS member is entitled to display ON THEIR TRIPOD (Hung)...about 4 photos....

Its an Outdoor open air exhibition concept where we display some of our best shots......for all to see and for all to participate...

Each phootgrapher bring their own tripod and Probably the organisers provide some mounting clips or boards etc......

Hows zat?....

rgds,
Sulhan

I never think of that, good idea..i will definitely turn up if there is exhibiton..

sulhan said:
Hiee...

Each CS member is entitled to display ON THEIR TRIPOD (Hung)...about 4 photos....

Its an Outdoor open air exhibition concept where we display some of our best shots......for all to see and for all to participate...

Each phootgrapher bring their own tripod and Probably the organisers provide some mounting clips or boards etc......

Hows zat?....

rgds,
Sulhan

Can work with SBG/Zoo/JPB..etc.. I'm sure they don't mind. (of course, the theme have to be location specific)

Anyway is photography activities strongly encourage in sg? So far clubsnap is a non-profitable assiociation right?

Just thinking that it will be good if there are some external fundings....

sulhan said:
Hiee...

Hows zat?....

rgds,
Sulhan
this sounds like a good idea. very original.

Rainman's 'external funding' point too should be emphasise.

External fundings can come in the form of sponsorships... (eg. Nikon, Canon, etc.)

In return, we offer them space for booths to sell/promote their products.

:)

Adiemus said:
External fundings can come in the form of sponsorships... (eg. Nikon, Canon, etc.)

In return, we offer them space for booths to sell/promote their products.

:)

I think that would be the last thing any exhibitor would do on their premise.......turning a gallery into CP.

I like your idea, Adiemus.

I will surely join in! :)

nightwolf75 said:
i think TPG at mita hq has an ongoing offer to allow us to hang our pics?

exhibit is over. Correct me if wrong, but i don't think the response by the photographic community was entirely warm then. did tpg reach the point where pics exceeded wall space at 2 submittions per person? :dunno:

What is the cost involved in all these? Can someone pm me or arrange a meeting with me? i want to explore commercially.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.