Crashed Epson P2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manda

Jun 23, 2006
Singapore
www.amandaherbert.com
Hi,

My Epson P2000 crashed during my tour of the Silk Road. I'll be popping into the Epson Service centre tomorrow, but does any one have advice they can give me?

My heart sinks to think of 2000 plus photos gone forever!

Thanks in advance for all your helpful suggestions and TLC, I'll see some of you on the outing this Sunday so I'll let you know how I get on.

Manda said:
Hi,

My Epson P2000 crashed during my tour of the Silk Road. I'll be popping into the Epson Service centre tomorrow, but does any one have advice they can give me?

My heart sinks to think of 2000 plus photos gone forever!

Thanks in advance for all your helpful suggestions and TLC, I'll see some of you on the outing this Sunday so I'll let you know how I get on.
The HDD crashed? Or the casing spoilt?

A big ouch! I am very sorry to hear about your misfortune. Sorry, I can't offer any advice regarding Epson service center as I have no experience with them. But IMO there is a lesson to be learned from this. You may want to consider carrying at least two portable HD (copy every photo you shot into both of them) the next time you are on an ever-important photographic trip.

SilentWave said:
A big ouch! I am very sorry to hear about your misfortune. Sorry, I can't offer any advice regarding Epson service center as I have no experience with them. But IMO there is a lesson to be learned from this. You may want to consider carrying at least two portable HD (copy every photo you shot into both of them) the next time you are on an ever-important photographic trip.

hmm... thats critical, so if 2 hdd crash, next time bring 8? :bsmilie:

so u will spend more time transfering data then shooting already...

best of all, use film...

Thanks for all your comments so far - they cheered me up a little!

Pls pop into my flickr site below to see what photos I had left on my flash card before the nasty Epson died on me.

See ya!

Ecclesiasm said:
Maybe you might find something useful here.

Very interesting link. But just wonder if one can backup the Disk OS without opening up the (good) assembly? The reason I ask is that I have a defective disk in my P2000, and Epson website says that the only way is to send back to them for repair. To do DIY means I need a "known good P2000", either buy or borrow, and that does not quite make sense!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm... thats critical, so if 2 hdd crash, next time bring 8? :bsmilie:

so u will spend more time transfering data then shooting already...

best of all, use film...

Hehehe. That's unfortunately one of the disadvantages of shooting digital. You don't need to carry many rolls of film, but instead you have to carry portable HDD, rechargers, etc. :D

I bought a Sony CDR writer that burns the images on to CDR.
I think it is battery powered with AA bty. Never used it yet. Got it cheap below $100 brand new. You can buy one from the shops. Then no need to worry Epson 2000 crashing. I think Eastgear sells a similar battery powered CD writer too.

ricohflex said:
I bought a Sony CDR writer that burns the images on to CDR.
I think it is battery powered with AA bty. Never used it yet. Got it cheap below $100 brand new. You can buy one from the shops. Then no need to worry Epson 2000 crashing. I think Eastgear sells a similar battery powered CD writer too.

wat if you drop the cd & scratch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.