CR Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameramad

Jul 21, 2006
Hi guys,

Kinda new to this. Just took a couple of photos over the last few weeks. When I checked my CF Card, some of the things puzzled me:

1. I deleted some photos but they seem to still be in the CF Card.
2. There are two sets of photos, one in .CR and the other in .JPG

Also, I tried to open the .CR pics and no program seems to be able to open it, even in Photoshop.

Help!

My guess is that you have set your camera to take both jpeg AND RAW format for each shot.

The CR. files are photos in RAW format. Are you using Canon? There should be a software called DPP (Digital Photo Professional) that allows you to view the RAW photos.

Hi guys,

Kinda new to this. Just took a couple of photos over the last few weeks. When I checked my CF Card, some of the things puzzled me:

1. I deleted some photos but they seem to still be in the CF Card.
2. There are two sets of photos, one in .CR and the other in .JPG

Also, I tried to open the .CR pics and no program seems to be able to open it, even in Photoshop.

Help!

Do u have the adobe camera raw plugin? u need that.

format your card is the best way to remove everything.

The later version of Photoshop should be able to view .CR files:)

My assumption was that photoshop would be able to read the the CR files. I guess I might need a plug in of some sort. I always thought RAW format would be best to edit and hence, photo editing software such as Adobe would be able to do it. And no, I haven't installed the Canon Software.

Has anyone toyed around with LightRoom?

And yes, I deleted the pics off the camera.

Thanks for the advice.

The earlier versions of photoshop does not come with camera raw plugin, so it will not be able to read raw images. CS2 or later versions are shipped with the plugin so you may be able to read the raw files. However, CS2 may have problem reading the raw files from 1Dmk3 or 40D as they need the latest version for the plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.