Coup in thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
looks like the revered King is backing the coup.

A country leader becomes a wanted man overnight..

So i wonder is Thaksin able to get back his wealth? it is quite amazing a government is turned off in this way..

LENS said:
A country leader becomes a wanted man overnight..

So i wonder is Thaksin able to get back his wealth? it is quite amazing a government is turned off in this way..

nowadays wealth in more in the form of electrons instead of physical notes ... he and his family should hv no problem accessing the money tt is overseas, in swiss accounts ... unless the new govt starts to call swiss banks ... and it is not a guarantee way of getting his money ...

i was told that thaksin's wife was in singapore while he was in new york according to a local newspaper.

reachme2003 said:
i was told that thaksin's wife was in singapore while he was in new york according to a local newspaper.
Thaksin's wife dropped by Singapore en-route to London. Thaksin himself is in London now, might seek asylum there. (forgot which local Thai newspaper that I read)

been in thailand for 3 yrs now... but about 150km frm bkk. the coup hasn't affected anything out here in Saraburi. will be in BKK tomorrow morning... will post some pix. if you've got any friends/family here... don't think you need to worry much. pretty peaceful. only concerns is that the current military leaders are putting heaps of new 'laws' that seem a little unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.