Countdown @ Marina bay from Breeze Shelter

archdevll

Nov 7, 2010
1 Corner of Singapore...
Here's my share on the Countdown Fireworks

C & C Welcome ^__^

1. Ah found my camping spot...
DSC00944copy.jpg

2. Got bored waiting so did some random shots..
DSC00955copy.jpg

3. Some of their beautiful lightings..
DSC01028copy.jpg

4. More of it...
Coloursofthenight.jpg

5. Before the Fireworks start. Some light testing I think...
DSC01031copy.jpg

Last edited:
6. Yes It's 2011~ I want to cry!!! why the fireworks is right at the side of my composite T__T!
DSC01042copy.jpg

7. Oh no.. more smoke coming in... bad wind direction..
DSC01043copy.jpg

6. Yes It's 2011~ I want to cry!!! why the fireworks is right at the side of my composite T__T!

not much smoke in the pix..
thats a gd sign..

lesson 1: u had the whole evening to see where the firing platform was..
lesson 2: be prepared to pan a bit while fireworks going on..
sometimes they pop up at unexpected places (altho not this time)

not much smoke in the pix..
thats a gd sign..

lesson 1: u had the whole evening to see where the firing platform was..
lesson 2: be prepared to pan a bit while fireworks going on..
sometimes they pop up at unexpected places (altho not this time)

about lesson 1....
not much chance to move about... I've this fear that once i move away from the current spot.. i wont fine any better spot. I was there since 5pm and its already packed with people along all the fence

at least not much smooke seen
haha its because i didn't post the smoke screen pictures... the direction of the wind is blowing towards me... it's real bad for fireworks shooting...

can't u pan (in another words, change the direction) of your camera? u dun need to leave your spot.

can't u pan (in another words, change the direction) of your camera? u dun need to leave your spot.
haha... that i have to blame on me being newbie T__T...
i was busy counting the seconds on the shuttle release till i forgot about the shooting...

about lesson 1....
not much chance to move about... I've this fear that once i move away from the current spot.. i wont fine any better spot. I was there since 5pm and its already packed with people along all the fence

haha its because i didn't post the smoke screen pictures... the direction of the wind is blowing towards me... it's real bad for fireworks shooting...

abt 1) dun think i said anything abt "move" as in "pick another spot".
since u were there at 5, there's ample time (and light) to see where the main firing platform is. compose accordingly. dun blindly point and expect it to work out.

and i believe i was somewhere along the same stretch.
lots of space even after sun has set, altho they mite not be the choiciest spots.
(ppl not so ks afterall)

the smoke shld have went to the rite of you, since the jetty is on the bottom rite.
u didnt get the worst deal.

haha... that i have to blame on me being newbie T__T...
i was busy counting the seconds on the shuttle release till i forgot about the shooting...

penalty: next time u shall shoot at fixed shutter of X sec.(let you choose 1. ONLY)
then u will remember to look at quick lcd review.
no more bulb mode until u are comfortable with the task loading :bsmilie:
dun worry, u can use black card to control the shots.

abt 1) dun think i said anything abt "move" as in "pick another spot".
since u were there at 5, there's ample time (and light) to see where the main firing platform is. compose accordingly. dun blindly point and expect it to work out.

and i believe i was somewhere along the same stretch.
lots of space even after sun has set, altho they mite not be the choiciest spots.
(ppl not so ks afterall)

the smoke shld have went to the rite of you, since the jetty is on the bottom rite.
u didnt get the worst deal.

penalty: next time u shall shoot at fixed shutter of X sec.(let you choose 1. ONLY)
then u will remember to look at quick lcd review.
no more bulb mode until u are comfortable with the task loading :bsmilie:
dun worry, u can use black card to control the shots.
true. I indeed have some time to compose accordingly.. I thought i had composed correctly... had want it to be at the side.. ended up it was at the far right side haha...
the smoke was coming towards me. the wind direction quite bad. not too bad... at least i manage to get 2 shots.

yeah... next time i should set a fixed shutter till i get used to the task loading...