Cotton flower

Status
Not open for further replies.

hub_bo

Jul 28, 2006
img_034511.jpg

Took this photo in my sch's garden. Please critic =)

Thanks for actually bother with me =) The middle of flower over exposed rite ? How 2 improve?

Use Marco Mode if your cam has one.

Focus on the flower, not the background. This should correct the over exposure.
Make sure the subject (flower) is stable, not blown by wind.
Hands, stable.

:D

Don't worry. Last time my photos are also this bad. Everyone has a starting point. :)

yep this one use macro le

object can.. hand lol hard. tripod ?

hub_bo said:
object can.. hand lol hard. tripod ?

Yup. Also stable arm and holding position matters too.

Here's a little trick I've learnt. When pressing shutter, don't use tip of index finger. Use the second joint. Minimizes shaking of camera when u press the button. ;)

Really? shall try later =) thanks !

frankly i am an idiot.. whr is my focus i reali duno. and so whr shud it be? Enlighten me !!

Not getting close enough to the subject and over exposure by at least 2 stop.:)

my camera is an Ixus zoom.. so if i get too close the ting will blur rite?

What is the max range for your camera?

Try going slightly lower, use a tripod (or those mini tripods). Also try shooting at another time of the day, when the sun doesn't cast such strong shadows.

I think the b/g is a bit messy also.:)

overal it is a bad foto for a daytime one?

Please dun call youself an idiot.....everyone must start learning from somewhere. My pic is not good too.....I am also very new to photography. Ok, to focus, you see the white box in your viewfinder? When you are trying to take a photo, just decide which part of the photo you want to sharp, then point you cam in such a manner that the area in in the white box. Half press your camera shutter (the button for taking the photo), then you will see that the auto focus will kick in and focus the pic to the area within the white box. Continue to hold on to the half press and then move the camera to get what you want within the viewfinder and then finally fully press the shutter to capture the pic!! That's it! But a point to note, dun move away while in half press mode, once your distant with the focused obj changes, the focus may be out too....learn this first. About the composition (how to place/position the obj within a pic) can be learnt later, just see more of others' people pic to learn what is a good composition.

Hope this helps.:) Remember, good to be humble, but not self condeming.;)

hub_bo said:
frankly i am an idiot.. whr is my focus i reali duno. and so whr shud it be? Enlighten me !!

Soloclick - eh.. din check, jus saw e cam @ home n use hahahas
lastboltnut - will go try after my prelims =) Thanks so much !!

Status
Not open for further replies.