Cost of repair for scratch on viewfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeTHaCk

Dec 8, 2004
Tampines
Hi guys,

i was snapping away today at botanic gardens when i saw dust shots on my pics. didnt check it through till i got home.

was lying down and randomly taking shots. keep seeing this scratch mark on my viewfinder. when i took the shots and upload them on screen, nothing came out. checked my lenses , nothing. still there was scratch marks. i then removed the lens and pointed it to my wall light and walah, saw scratch marks on the viewfinder thingy.

i dont know what its called but its the thing above the mirror. how much is the repair cost for the out of warranty camera ? boiught it 2nd hand, and the scratches doesnt affect the pics but its rather irritating to see it

Hi guys,

i was snapping away today at botanic gardens when i saw dust shots on my pics. didnt check it through till i got home.

was lying down and randomly taking shots. keep seeing this scratch mark on my viewfinder. when i took the shots and upload them on screen, nothing came out. checked my lenses , nothing. still there was scratch marks. i then removed the lens and pointed it to my wall light and walah, saw scratch marks on the viewfinder thingy.

i dont know what its called but its the thing above the mirror. how much is the repair cost for the out of warranty camera ? boiught it 2nd hand, and the scratches doesnt affect the pics but its rather irritating to see it
just use a blower to get it off... if you nv touch it, most probably it just some dust...

i used my blower, its still there :( *sobz*
:think: then you might want to send in to NSC... but imho not worth the change if it cost too much

are u sure is scratches or dust?

i don't mean to assume you are a newbie, but were you using your blower on the viewfinder itself? Chances are, the dust might be on the mirror itself or the screen above it.

That is if it's dust and not scratches.

85 for focus screen + 160 for "general servicing"

i feel its cheating money. try sending it in for diagnosis but dun commit first. and see if they say ur SI plate is broken.

thanks for the info... luckily.. im on leave tomorrow... if it cost so much.. gotta get used to it first since it doesnt affect the pic quality.. until payday .. which makes up a month's worth of pay ( nsf)

Hi,
Just sent my D40 into NSC for changing of a scratched Focusing Screen. They are charging me $45 w/o GST to change screen and since my D40 is under warranty, they are also doing a free CCD cleaning. Will be able to collect my D40 this afternoon.... phew.... just before my flight to US this Sun....

Ok... I got my D40 back last night... was only charged $47.50 ($45 + GST)... only for the focusing screen and free cleaning.

If your camera is D70, I got a spare. I can even help you fix it. veeeery cheap :)

err... sadly mine's a d50 ..

maybe i should make a trip down to nsc one of these days .. great.. gotta apply leave again haha

err... sadly mine's a d50 ..

maybe i should make a trip down to nsc one of these days .. great.. gotta apply leave again haha
Nikon Singapore opens till 8pm on Wednesdays...

i got a ERR reading when i snap my shutter and the mirror stay up, after 2nd snap it did 2 quick snap and comes down... any1 know wat happen?
i tried to on/off it also didnt wrk.. change new batt also didnt wrk..
izzit someting wrg wif thee mirror or wat?
roughly how much to change?
btw mine a d50

Status
Not open for further replies.