Cosfest IX - Day 2

CS_new

Sep 29, 2005
Shring a small selection of my 'better' shots. C&C welcome.

MG_4850.JPG

MG_4875.JPG

MG_4920.JPG

MG_4948.JPG

MG_5085.JPG

MG_5110.JPG

MG_5136.JPG

MG_5144.JPG

MG_5156.JPG

MG_5197.JPG

Thanks for viewing.

wat happen to your focus ? be sure to focus on the eyes,

wat happen to your focus ? be sure to focus on the eyes,

Nothing happen to my focus. I check my original files at 100% view. All in sharp focus including the eye region.

What happen to your eyes, glasses or monitor? I think they have a front/back focusing issue. I suggest you send them for calibration so that you do not continue to unwittingly give misleading feedbacks to others. But don't go to Canon, Nikon, Tamron or Sigma service centre cos they only calibrate lenses; not your eyes, glasses or monitor.

Last edited:
To be honest I agree that some of them seem slightly out of focus . . . . . or maybe you were using too slow a shutter speed?

But some nice composition

Nothing happen to my focus. I check my original files at 100% view. All in sharp focus including the eye region.

What happen to your eyes, glasses or monitor? I think they have a front/back focusing issue. I suggest you send them for calaribation so that you do not continue to unwittingly give misleading feedback to others. But don't go to Canon, Nikon, Tamron or Sigma service centre cos they only calibrate lenses; not your eyes, glasses or monitor.

iadvise99 just trying to build up his consultancy clientele lah. Go check his profile and statistics: 58 posts, including more than 50 pieces of advice dished out in one evening. If ever we improve in our photography and pp skills, walao, we have to transfer consultancy fees to his bank account so that he can continue to play play with different camera systems.

I think the original file is sharp, I have the same experience like you, when resize for posting the image become soft. To solve this problems when resize, sharpen the image at the same time. I hope this will be help.

Anyway, thank you for sharing.

Cheers!

Thanks all for your comments and feedbacks. Yes, the posted shots are not of equal sharpness, and sharpness may vary when viewed on different monitors. I have viewed my post on three different monitors and even on the “least sharp” monitor all shots are of acceptable sharpness and not out of focus as claimed by ishoot99.

I took ishoot99 feedback seriously and hence thought there is a problem with his eyes, glasses or monitor and suggested he get them fix. But now that Richard Seah has pointed out his trigger-happy manner in dispensing advice, I shall just ignore his feedback.

I think the original file is sharp, I have the same experience like you, when resize for posting the image become soft. To solve this problems when resize, sharpen the image at the same time. I hope this will be help.

Anyway, thank you for sharing.

Cheers!

Thanks for the useful tip.

Rgds.

What happen to your eyes, glasses or monitor? I think they have a front/back focusing issue. I suggest you send them for calibration so that you do not continue to unwittingly give misleading feedbacks to others. But don't go to Canon, Nikon, Tamron or Sigma service centre cos they only calibrate lenses; not your eyes, glasses or monitor.

I don't think there's anything wrong with his eyes nor glasses nor monitor. There might not be a problem with the pics viewed on your computer, but there sure is some softness to these pictures you have posted. Maybe to do with the compression?

Last edited:
I don't think there's anything wrong with his eyes nor glasses nor monitor. There might not be a problem with the pics viewed on your computer, but there sure is some softness to these pictures you have posted. Maybe to do with the compression?

Yes, not all the pixs are super sharp, some are slightly sharper, some are slightly softer, but so what? To me they are ALL acceptably sharp. It is not as if the nose is sharp while the eyes are blur, or whatever.

Sharpness is not everything. People like iadvise99 are simply nit-picking just to find something to criticise and, by so doing, hoping to elevate themselves to the level of "judges".

Yes, not all the pixs are super sharp, some are slightly sharper, some are slightly softer, but so what? To me they are ALL acceptably sharp. It is not as if the nose is sharp while the eyes are blur, or whatever.

Sharpness is not everything. People like iadvise99 are simply nit-picking just to find something to criticise and, by so doing, hoping to elevate themselves to the level of "judges".

My sentiments exactly. Don't be too obsessed with sharpness. Focus on subject matter, composition and feel.

Last edited:
Just ignor ishoot99's comments, he joined CS on 7 July, the day which mark the Japanese invasion of Main Land China. On 7 July he is just 19 years old, now on the 9th of July is 20 years old, his real name stated is Johnson Thomas Lim. His HP number is 9889 5150, if any CSer interested to wish him H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y. :bsmilie:

Cheers!

Last edited:

Yea, fully understand where you're coming from. :)

Cool series. Txs for sharing:)

I think you are missing the point. If there is nothing wrong with ishoot99's eyes or glasses or moniter and if he is giving honest feedback, then there is a problem with his brain. While others see some softness, his brain misinterpretes what his eyes see as out of focus. The point is some softness is not equal to out of focus. I hope you see my point now...unless you interprete his feedback differently.

My sentiments exactly. Don't be too obsessed with sharpness. Focus on subject matter, composition and feel.

Well said, Richard and TheChef.