copyright-free tsunami pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardSeah

Jan 22, 2005
AMK
www.art-photograph-gallery.com
Hi,

I need a copyright free tsunami pix for a newsletter that I am helping to produce. Can anybody point me to an internet site that has?

I tried internet search and found mostly pixs of dead bodies, flattened houses, satellite photos, post-tsunami rescue, etc. Plus fake tsunami pixs!!!

What I want is pix of the wave coming in.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If anyone can take the picture of the wave coming and still stays alive ....... do you think he will give it up for free? :bsmilie:

in fact, I think one of the guys who did take it was using a 1ds..

might want to reimburse him on the cost of that camera...8)

you might want to give more details of your newsletter
and if you are willing to pay I am sure that there are pictures that you can use.
But copyright free?
I don't think so.

All photographs are copyrighted.

loupgarou said:
in fact, I think one of the guys who did take it was using a 1ds..

might want to reimburse him on the cost of that camera...8)

i think he already sold his rights to the pictures

ortega said:
you might want to give more details of your newsletter
and if you are willing to pay I am sure that there are pictures that you can use.

Newletter is for a cheapo company - they not willing to pay for pixs. Because of this, better not reveal name of company.

Anyway, thanks for all suggestions and comments.

I remember reading about people who actually managed to photograph the tsunami from high ground such as upper floor of hotel room, although never saw those pixs. When I did internet search, found only dead bodies etc.

You are most welcome to these as long as you are able to make a charital donation to the Tsunami relief effort

Please follow the link

http://www.simontaplin.com/racha/index.html

Simon Taplin

RichardSeah said:
Hi,

I need a copyright free tsunami pix for a newsletter that I am helping to produce. Can anybody point me to an internet site that has?

I tried internet search and found mostly pixs of dead bodies, flattened houses, satellite photos, post-tsunami rescue, etc. Plus fake tsunami pixs!!!

What I want is pix of the wave coming in.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

simon_taplin said:
You are most welcome to these as long as you are able to make a charital donation to the Tsunami relief effort

Please follow the link

http://www.simontaplin.com/racha/index.html

Simon Taplin

THANKS Simon,

These are great pixs. Will discuss with editor which to use, if any.
The company involved actually already donated quite substantially to tsunami relief efforts but I will request a further sum -- and put in what I can -- in view of your generosity and your request.

Will PM you separately to give more details.

Cheers and thanks again.
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.