Coolscan V on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamadam

Feb 9, 2004
Perth
www.flickr.com
Has anyone here had any success in installing Coolscan V on Windows 7 x64?
It can't find drivers :(
I googled and some people suggested installing on a Virtualmachine (VMware), or using Vuescan. I like Nikon Scan and not keen on unnecessarily buying more software if I can get it working here.

Hi adamadam, thx for this tip. I'm one of those who face problems with Nikon dropping support for the scanners.

From the link, its sounds kind of strange, can i clarify that after u install Vuescan, u install coolscan? But the app won't be installed in Win7 64 right? Whats the round about way? I'm sticking to coolscan for sure becos of the extra features like DEE, GEM, ROC, 16x sampling, etc. How does Vuescan stack up in your opinion?

Thx again :)

I installed Nikon Scan with no problems (Windows 7 x64), but the drivers for the scanner wouldn't install.
So I installed Vuescan (and not using it at all), but it seemed to do the trick and make Nikon Scan start working (I think it must have installed a driver for the Coolscan?)

Seems to work fine... otherwise we can wait for some official Nikon Drivers?

Looks like they are testing it.... http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45255/c/241/r_id/127673 :)

Thx for the head up :) I sure hope they have one more last support b4 EOL. Right now my scanner still with them after ~2mths cos a function in coolscan not working properly, the analog gain. My slides & scanner r now in japan, thats what they told me :sweat: God knows how long they take to rectify the software feature.:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.