Cool toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

gremlin

Nov 15, 2002
www.pixelpixie.biz
For all you divx/xvid junkies out there, U all gotta dig this. It may be the solution to all your burning/converting.. heh heh

http://www.neuston.com/en/mc500.asp

This thing streams off all your movies/mp3/photos via wireless from your PC to your TV. Developed by a local company too. If this aint cool I dunno what is :D

thought this was out quite long ago...

ya...i got a few sets of these from various brands

It is cool that I can play video/audio/photo wirelessly on my TV in the living room, but out of all those sets that i have, what they seriously lacks are 5.1 audio outputs.

If I have to watch DVD movie with 2 channel audio, i will rather watch on my PC, at least got 5.1 channel sound.

Another problem is that the interface is not user friendly and the respond of the remote is slow. One of them can even has a build in browser, I can surf net on TV using remote control, however typing the URL with a remote control is really painful (that's why i dun like to SMS) and the screen will look odd because the resolution only up to 640 x 480

Wai said:
If I have to watch DVD movie with 2 channel audio, i will rather watch on my PC, at least got 5.1 channel sound.

I agree this product is cool but it has been out some time already. Agree with Wai on the 5.1 though. This is the reason sometimes I do still watch DVD on my PC.

jbma said:
I agree this product is cool but it has been out some time already. Agree with Wai on the 5.1 though. This is the reason sometimes I do still watch DVD on my PC.

One of my earlier set can only play MPEG-1 :(

Although the newer one like the neuston can play more popular formats such as mpeg-2, mpeg-4, divx, xvid and avi....etc, compatibility problem may still exist because some people may encode the video using non-standard encoder/settings.

It lacks RealMedia format support too, may be a better solution is to get a cheap PIII PC with a graphic card that has TV output, that's what i am doing at home in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.