conversion of slides to digital....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newsnapster

Mar 30, 2005
Hi....

Does anyone knows how/ anywhere or any contacts that can scan slides into digital files?

And how much would the cost be?

Newsnapster said:
Hi....

Does anyone knows how/ anywhere or any contacts that can scan slides into digital files?

The lab where you sent for processing of your slides should be able to help you save them to CD...you can also consider purchasing a slide scanner...

If you have old slides to convert, yes please go ahead but try out a few frames first as many operators are not that great in giving the best the slide can or even near to. But if you want to shoot slide and convert to digital, I rather you just shoot digital IMO.

Right..thanks guys...

Recently switched to digital but wanted to convert some of my old slides to digital...

Any good labs to recommend that does pretty good scanning?

Newsnapster said:
Right..thanks guys...

Recently switched to digital but wanted to convert some of my old slides to digital...

Any good labs to recommend that does pretty good scanning?
PM 35mm

If you have more than 500 (say 1000,2000), it is cheaper to get a 2nd hand scanner of different grade (depending on your expectation), scan it yourself nicely and resell the scanner for a slight loss, maybe even a gain. What you give is your time, but you have control. Send to lab it will not be economical unless (1)you have few slides to scan (2)your slides are not mounted as mounted slides are normally more expensive.

Newsnapster said:
Hi....

ALL Digital Lab does scanning of slides or negatives.....

theITguy said:
If you have more than 500 (say 1000,2000), it is cheaper to get a 2nd hand scanner of different grade (depending on your expectation), scan it yourself nicely and resell the scanner for a slight loss, maybe even a gain. What you give is your time, but you have control. Send to lab it will not be economical unless (1)you have few slides to scan (2)your slides are not mounted as mounted slides are normally more expensive.

Do you know how much time you need to spend to scan 500 slides? You are better off sending it out.

I have given up bulk scanning. Now I pick and choose and only scan those images I need.

Ansel said:
Do you know how much time you need to spend to scan 500 slides? You are better off sending it out.

I have given up bulk scanning. Now I pick and choose and only scan those images I need.

I have already said, what you give is your time and you have control. Else it is to pay (a lot if you have a lot to scan) and pray you got the slides come back good (or decent quality).

Status
Not open for further replies.