Continuous Fluorescent Light (Technical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, its been a while I updated this thread.

Check out this must see cool video by Commercial Photographer Joe Edelman, Joe not only show how he build a affordable DIY CFL system in his studio. He also share some very useful tips when shooting with household fluorescent tubes.

There is also a Part 2 where Joe share more great tips on photography with his DIY CFLs system. You all must check it out :thumbsup:

Also check out his blog where you will learn tons of things. Double Confirmed.

We have David Hobby for Manual strobist, Joe Mcnally for TTL strobist and now Joe Edelman for CFLs. Cool :thumbsup:

Strobist - SUNPAK 120J PROFESSIONAL, Photography with Continuous Fluorescent Lights

CFLs have come a long way although now LED is catching up fast with more choices and lower price range.

So is CFLs losing its appeal in photography and video? My personal opinion is NO... at least not for another 3-4 years later. We have not seem many new CFLs products coming out since the rise of LED. However LINCO last year came out with an innovative design under their FLORA light range, a CFLs bank with remote control.

FLORA light bank with wireless control, review by UK photographer Gavin Huey

Strobist - SUNPAK 120J PROFESSIONAL, Photography with Continuous Fluorescent Lights

Hi all :)

Decided to update this thread, since it's the start of a brand new year. Time really flies.

These two videos are for DIY enthusiasts.
DIY 800 watts CFLs
Brillant video with very detailed material list and step by step production process.

DIY Ways to Diffuse Light
A good reference video if you want to DIY a custom size diffuser screen. I think the lady photographer also DIY her own model mannequin :eek:

Last year I post a DIY video by professional photographer Joe Edelman. Joe have came up another cool video, this time making improvements to the previous DIY CFL rig. Do check it out :thumbsup:
Joe Edelman DIY CFL Studio Lighting - Part III

This is one of those "why I never think of that :eek:" cool video, the idea is simple, cheap and in a way easy to construct.
Cool CL ring light using Christmas Lights

Hi all, just came across two cool videos relating to CFL. Do check them out.

Product Review by SnapChick, Morning Glory Light Kit
A new CFL product from Linco, quite a cool piece of gadget.

CFL, Halogen and LED? Which Light Kit is Right For You?
There are already few good videos posted in this thread which touch on this topic. Although this video is based more on videography, this is still a very good reference video for people who are going to invest in continuous light source gear.

Hi all, it been a while. I came across this super cool video by cinematographer Mark Vargo. Its a bit geeky but 100% not boring at all. If you like the find out more about the evolution of artificial continuous light. This is a must watch video.

Let there be LIGHT – By Mark Vargo :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Do check out his other video: The Tale of Two Meters :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
A very informative video about Reflected Spot Light Meter and Incident Light Meter.

Coming Wednesday will be Christmas, Have a Merry Merry Christmas everyone : >

Hi all, Photographer Jay P Morgan (creator of Popular YouTube channel, The Slanted Lens) have come up with another cool video on cheap DIY continuous light softbox solutions. Although incandescent bulb are use as CL source in this video, CFLs is definitely feasible. Do check it out.

Jay P Morgan - 6 Tips for Setting Up a Home or Office Studio :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi all, came across another cool DIY continuous (halogen bulbs) ring light video by photographer Dani Diamond. I know is not fluorescent, but the DIY rig looks really cool. Do check it out everyone :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Super Cool Giant Ring Light Rig

For the inside story + the cool photos taken with this cool rig please check out the story from fstoppers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.