Congress finally passed the amended US$700B bailout package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill passed, but market still down. =/
People have already lost confidence.

Let's wait for 4Nov.

Maybe Japan's next.

Already printed, if not where to get the $700 bil when they owe people so much money.

I think that is the root of all this....making money out of thin air.

The Economy is going to Slump..
What are the best actitives during a recession? Any Ideas?
Wise man says "Patient is Virtue".
Maybe wait for the durian to drop, or see when is the best time to go cherry picking.

I am waiting to see how the property market will response to this recession.

I am waiting to see how the property market will response to this recession.

wah, imagine the new HDB 4-room going at $80,000. no matter how ulu its cheap! ;p

Will it get to this cheap price? :confused::bsmilie:

If new one = low. Old one/current = even lower.

I daresay there'll be more poor people, at least asset-wise, even for those at 5 rooms and HUDC if it ever come to this state of price

wah, imagine the new HDB 4-room going at $80,000. no matter how ulu its cheap! ;p

Will this happen? I'm waiting... haha :embrass:
But the demand of new HDB flats seems quite high.

The approval may help. But indexes are falling. Singapore is having 2200 pts now and may hit 1800 points!

x finger...x legs too!

The approval may help. But indexes are falling. Singapore is having 2200 pts now and may hit 1800 points!

x finger...x legs too!

If it hit 1800, its might be time to park some $$..... :lovegrin:

From Reuters...

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A 45-year-old Los Angeles man who was apparently distraught over money troubles shot and killed his wife, three sons and mother-in-law before taking his own life, police said on Monday.

The father of three, who was not immediately identified by authorities, was believed to have shot five members of his family and then himself sometime after 6 p.m. on Saturday, a Los Angeles police spokesman said.

It's "a very tragic scene, total devastation inside this home," Deputy Chief Michael Moore told reporters at a news conference. "Inside the home, officers discovered six bodies, all belonging to the family that lived at this location."

I hope this don't happen here. :(
But what soever.... we have to get ready to pick up the pieces soon. :cry:

Some idoit advicer even tell people to hold on to their stock, it will eventually bound back...:dunno: who don't noe ... 5 yrs later loh :(

x finger...x legs too!

Do you think STI will go below 2K? :think:

Not impossible... but quite hard leh.

From Reuters...

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A 45-year-old Los Angeles man who was apparently distraught over money troubles shot and killed his wife, three sons and mother-in-law before taking his own life, police said on Monday.

The father of three, who was not immediately identified by authorities, was believed to have shot five members of his family and then himself sometime after 6 p.m. on Saturday, a Los Angeles police spokesman said.

It's "a very tragic scene, total devastation inside this home," Deputy Chief Michael Moore told reporters at a news conference. "Inside the home, officers discovered six bodies, all belonging to the family that lived at this location."

I hope this don't happen here. :(
But what soever.... we have to get ready to pick up the pieces soon. :cry:

Some idoit advicer even tell people to hold on to their stock, it will eventually bound back...:dunno: who don't noe ... 5 yrs later loh :(

I remember years back when my friend spoke to me about investing, a very good advise he gave me, "know your limits, invest only the money you can affort to park aside for a period of time or worst, lose and not your life savings"
Spoke to him yesterday, he now got clients asking when would be a good time to buy and what to buy :think:

Anticipated Grim Look for DJIA. Fell below 10k when it opened last night... :think:

But what i dont like is the USD-SGD rate rising back to last year's rate, or 1.47...was hoping to see it hit 1.15 or 0.95 :sweatsm: We be rich then!

Anticipated Grim Look for DJIA. Fell below 10k when it opened last night... :think:

But what i dont like is the USD-SGD rate rising back to last year's rate, or 1.47...was hoping to see it hit 1.15 or 0.95 :sweatsm: We be rich then!

if US dollar go down to 0.95 ........ I think the whole trading world will fall like a house of cards :sweat::sweat: But would be a good time to buy US dollars ;)

if US dollar go down to 0.95 ........ I think the whole trading world will fall like a house of cards :sweat::sweat: But would be a good time to buy US dollars ;)

With the 700B package (and I'm sure more are needed to jump-start the economy)... you know what's uncle sam's debt? :sweat::sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.