Confused between Nikon D750 or D810

sachien

Apr 11, 2009
Previously was having d800 which i gave away.....

now confused to get D810 or D750 ....

If some kind souls can help making decision?

If you like your D800, then go for the D810.

If you want a smaller / lighter camera body and / or file size, go for the D750.

Curious why you gave away the D800? What is it that does not satisfy you?

If you are used to Nikon professional range stick to D810. D750 is like D610 Mark 2. The ergonomics is poor.

If you are used to Nikon professional range stick to D810. D750 is like D610 Mark 2. The ergonomics is poor.

(I own the D600, D810 and have used my Fren's D750)

I wouldn't say the ergonmics is poor, compared to the D600, its slightly better, and is limited by the total size of the camera. Users with large hands will find the D810 better to hold.

The D750 does retain the D600's style of lack of dedicated AF-ON button, BUT does fix the position of the zoom in/out buttons finally.

Ergonomics is a strange issue. I wouldn't say it's poor. In fact, most D7x00 and D6x0 users should find it very familiar. If you are coming from the D700/D8x0/D3 series / D4 series, then maybe it isn't that impressive.

I went from a D700 gripped to the D750 recently. I must say the recessed grip on the latter is much more comfortable to hold for long periods that I don't see myself getting the grip anytime soon. Button placement gets some getting used to. Lack of AF-on is non-issue for me as I have only used it 5% of my entire time owning the D700.

Following Bryan Fong’s advise (Nikon Professional), it depends on the genre you specialize in or the kind of end product you want to achieve. Between D800/D810/D810e and D700/D750’s specs, they have more differences than similarities starting with the megapixel count. Set aside the ergo features (unless you question Nikon’s R&D and QA), it is more about what each can do when your need arises. So what kind of photography do you do? From there you can start matching it with the tech data.

Rent both cameras on different dates.
And for lenses, I presume you already own few of them.
From there you get to feel, play and understand how they work.

above all, term of pricing, d750 is $1k less then d810.
with that amount you might want to get new lens, speedlight or some accessories.

BTW ... if you bought d750 and don't like it, I'll be glad to have it ... :)

Last edited:
Ergonomics is a strange issue. I wouldn't say it's poor. In fact, most D7x00 and D6x0 users should find it very familiar. If you are coming from the D700/D8x0/D3 series / D4 series, then maybe it isn't that impressive.

I am coming from D700 and D800.
Between D750 and D810, D810 is a no brainer choice in term or ergonomics.

Any input on the high iso of both cameras compared to each other in real life shooting?
Also deciding whether to get the d750 cause do a lot of low light shooting...
And if the d750 really more than one stop improvement, I am game... :)