Condensation in viewfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdRobin

Apr 22, 2005
Toa Payoh
Guys, I made a stupid mistake. I saw dust on the outside glass of the viewfinder, and I mouth-blew the viewfinder outer glass. (I thought the viewfinder was well sealed.) Then what happened next made me regret.

The inner glass (most probably the diopter glass) fogged up, even when the fog has receded from the outer glass, I can still see water vapour condensation in the inner glass. After the condensation has cleared, dots appeared in the inner glass -_-. Now they won't go off. But if I look through the viewfinder I can't see them, only when I look form the outside using a torch will I be able to see the dots.

I always store my equipment in the drybox. So do I need to worry about the dots (most probably dried-up water marks) and send my camera for a clean-up or just leave the camera in the dry box for a few days? Paranoid or ??? :sticktong Thanks.

hmmmm..... the thing is inside the viewfinder? how did water get in there??

NSC maybe?

i blew into it... and the water vapour went in ... :cry:

ahhh....... maybe can use a blower next time :)

is it a nikon? try NSC or TCW?

yep a D50. But is it worth the cleaning? If it is just marks then it is ok, coz i am certain that the dry box can suck all the remaining water vapour up. But then again cleaning is always better... :dunno: :rolleyes:

BirdRobin said:
yep a D50. But is it worth the cleaning? If it is just marks then it is ok, coz i am certain that the dry box can suck all the remaining water vapour up. But then again cleaning is always better... :dunno: :rolleyes:
It will not affect the picture. If you can ignore it, ignore it until you really need to send your camera to service.

Regards,
Arto.

but u got to try taking photo and see.

that time i got a small black streak on my viewfinder too, and it appeared on my pictures!

zcwnfx said:
but u got to try taking photo and see.

that time i got a small black streak on my viewfinder too, and it appeared on my pictures!

Your lens is dirty. If the mirror or the view finder it would not appear on the picture.

. put ur cam in the dry cabinet. should help quite alot. abo bring to nsc to fix it

if under warranty cleaning is free at NSC?

Status
Not open for further replies.