Computer becoming sluggish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. :)

iirc, can get a replacement cd from microsoft for 20 or 25 bucks... but since nowadays most people do slipstream xp disc, the original kept nicely liao...

talk about original disc hor, i got about 5 oem disc... i can put in 3 and install to certain portion will hang, only 1 of the disc is fine... think spent too much time on the hologram but forget to check the disc got problem anot... all SP2s...

as long as your CD-Key is original, which microsoft will want you to activate and authenticate, the source of the disc isn't that important.

Cannot be as slow as my previous Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz right? LOL! I bared with the slowness.

How about a reformat again? I think it shouldn't run that slowly as you mentioned.

That's the problem with Windows, after a certain period have to reformat due to slow down.

Mmm.. I'm confused. I just need an installation CD to go with my serial number =(

If there is such a thing as a replacement CD, I'd gladly buy it.

Mmm.. I'm confused. I just need an installation CD to go with my serial number =(

If there is such a thing as a replacement CD, I'd gladly buy it.

Since you have a legit license, I don't believe using another person's CD constitutes piracy. I'd recommend taking up DelCtrlnoAlt's offer of slipstream CD. It saves you from having to patch like crazy after installing.

Maybe you would like to tell us the disk space left in C: drive? Usually for my case, I don't use my C Drive often as it's suppose to be system drive.

You might want to disable those unwanted programs running in the background.
Sometimes PC gets slow when we keep deleting files, so defragment, cleaning registry might probably helps.

TS says he defrags weekly and after every major install / uninstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.