Compatible KM flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixneo

Jul 14, 2006
Hougang
wonder this has been discussed before? Any good flash comparable to KM 5600HS or Sony 56? Metz? :dunno:

Sigma EF-500, although i've never tried this myself. have a friend who used it on his 5D.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/SIGMA-EF-500...8QQihZ003QQcategoryZ48515QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wow! looks great...thanks for the link and info...anyway is there anything to look out for when choosing a flash? Should we be concern abt the color temperature accuracy or others?

anyone KM or sony users used this? can share on the reliability? thanks.

wow! looks great...thanks for the link and info...anyway is there anything to look out for when choosing a flash? Should we be concern abt the color temperature accuracy or others?

Don't worry about colour temperature accuracy on those external flash gun, it only matters when you are buying those expensive studio flash.

Using a lot of KM 5600 and it is never fails for me yet. Now its too old, I change it to Sony 56 flash. Basically is the same thing.

I will go for original normally.

Regards,

Hart

Have been using it for a while. Its powerful and works pretty alright for me, have to use Manual mode when bounce. Heard that some serial no. does not work with TTL, so you have to check first.

hmm...seems like not so gd afterall....manual settings when bounce...where got time to set when at a event?....TTL on some serial no. donest work...scary....guess original is still better...so e latest original still sony 56?

use this extensively before i bite the bullet on getting the 5600.
best settings for me so far is stofen + bounce + wireless (even when fixed on cam hotshoe)
as it tends to overexpose on the 5D, sometimes i vary the flash power, mostly dial down 1/2
TTL is almost nonexistent.
before me, i think Pai is one of the few that used EF500DG super as well.
do a search on the legacy forums and you can read the background.

on retrospect: would have been better off getting the 3600hsd although the sigma one comes with swivel and has higher GN. you can improvise by getting an L or C bracket cheaply, albeit a more troublesome approach for portrait shoots.

best settings for me so far is stofen + bounce + wireless (even when fixed on cam hotshoe)
as it tends to overexpose on the 5D, sometimes i vary the flash power, mostly dial down 1/2

on retrospect: would have been better off getting the 3600hsd although the sigma one comes with swivel and has higher GN. you can improvise by getting an L or C bracket cheaply, albeit a more troublesome approach for portrait shoots.

if you still have it and dun need it, you may hv a ready buyer (TS) ;) everyone will benefit :)

i took a "detour" to actually get the 5600....
sold the sigma first and got a 3600hsd from sulhan and then finally exchanged it for a 5600...
long way to get there...dont laugh...

hmmz :think: ..get L or C bracket for the 3600hsd... hmmz.. I though of getting a L or C bracket..but how is the KM flash going to sit on the L or C bracket?

I thought most L or C bracket only comes with the standard iso shoe? unless you get the os1100 ?

:D

you can use the wireless feature wat...
and i think you should be able to the tripod mount as well. just attached the stand to the bracket.
you have to try la.
i nearly wanted to get the cheapo stroboframe version from one of regular advertisers, PQ or PPCP. less than 30 bucks to resolve the problem of portrait.

Status
Not open for further replies.