comparison between canon 550d and 600d

I survived a trip to Krabi with 3 lenses. 11-16mm, 28-75mm, 70-300mm. It's all about planning. When u are with a group for walk abt, you tend to shoot more of people and things on the street, hence I kept my 28-75mm on while having my 70-300mm ready. When it's time for scenery, it's 11-16mm with 28-75mm as backup in case I want to isolate the subject. Going out of the country is not a common thing for me. I rather bring all than missing shots. On top of those, I'd a external flash and tripod on my bag almost all the time.

wow, kind of heavy load. but one thing i scare is carry too much things scare will get damage, like knocking here and there. :)

guys ask u you ah, if buy 550D, what does it come with inside the package? thanks.

I survived a trip to Krabi with 3 lenses. 11-16mm, 28-75mm, 70-300mm. It's all about planning. When u are with a group for walk abt, you tend to shoot more of people and things on the street, hence I kept my 28-75mm on while having my 70-300mm ready. When it's time for scenery, it's 11-16mm with 28-75mm as backup in case I want to isolate the subject. Going out of the country is not a common thing for me. I rather bring all than missing shots. On top of those, I'd a external flash and tripod on my bag almost all the time.

bro, out of curiosity, during indoor shoots (assuming hotel room or hdb living room size), which lens do you normally mount on? I noticed you have UWA and 28-75 been eyeing on the 28-75 for some time...

wow, kind of heavy load. but one thing i scare is carry too much things scare will get damage, like knocking here and there. :)
That's what a camera bag is for...it MUST have padding to prevent the knocking from damaging ur equipment

guys ask u you ah, if buy 550D, what does it come with inside the package? thanks.

According to Canon website: Standard package will have SD 8GB card, EOS bag and EOS 550D user guide
But confirm got 1 x original batt inside.

That's what a camera bag is for...it MUST have padding to prevent the knocking from damaging ur equipment

According to Canon website: Standard package will have SD 8GB card, EOS bag and EOS 550D user guide
But confirm got 1 x original batt inside.

but does it come with any software or cable or lens cap or accessories etc? :)

but does it come with any software or cable or lens cap or accessories etc? :)

Software -> Canon EOS Software which contains the DPP IIRC
Lens Cap comes with the lens...

Not too sure abt the rest of the accessories.

hi guys, sorry to ask is there any ways or techniques to storage your camera and lens at home without the use of dry cabinet? thanks.

hi guys, sorry to ask is there any ways or techniques to storage your camera and lens at home without the use of dry cabinet? thanks.

then you are looking at the drybox solution. This is not recommended however as you'll need silica gel. And being Singapore, it's very humid. You will be changing silica gel every few days, based on the feedback by fellow CSer's.
if space is a constraint, get the smallest dry cabinet for storage. As for electricity bill wise, someone did a calculation and the total elect bill is only a few dollars a year if memory serves me right.

Don't bother saving on dry cabinet. Set aside some budget for one right from the start. As most will say, already spent so much on camera, why not spend another hundred to protect and prolong lifespan :)

then you are looking at the drybox solution. This is not recommended however as you'll need silica gel. And being Singapore, it's very humid. You will be changing silica gel every few days, based on the feedback by fellow CSer's.
if space is a constraint, get the smallest dry cabinet for storage. As for electricity bill wise, someone did a calculation and the total elect bill is only a few dollars a year if memory serves me right.

any brand of dry cabinet will do? or is there any specific brand to recommend? my budget hopefully less than $100. :)

Don't bother saving on dry cabinet. Set aside some budget for one right from the start. As most will say, already spent so much on camera, why not spend another hundred to protect and prolong lifespan :)

but where can i find cheap dry cabinet ah? and also, where can i find after market battery for canon 550D? cus i believe if original battery, it will cost more. but wonder how well does the after market battery does? :)

but where can i find cheap dry cabinet ah? and also, where can i find after market battery for canon 550D? cus i believe if original battery, it will cost more. but wonder how well does the after market battery does? :)

Dry cabinet, look at the B&S section. Almost every week you can see those who kena poison and have to upgrade dry cabi selling their smaller ones there.

3rd Party batt, efficiency wise, give or take after 1yr of usage, ~50-60% max efficiency of original batt

You might want to check out Cathay Photo for their range of dry cabinet, cheaper one can be found in Carrefour (didn't use those from Carrefour before so cannot advice), the one from Cathay Photo are really good. As to after market battery you can check out both Sgcamerastore (sgcamerastore.com) or artworkfoto (artworkfoto.com)