Comparable camera to Nikon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guojielun

Dec 28, 2005
EAST
i'm looking forward to getting the Nikon D70S Kit. but seriously i know nuts... anyway i'm planning to attend some courses after i get a DSLR.

Personally tried the Canon can't remember the model though but i find the focusing easier and faster. my question is which range of canon cameras are comparable to the D70S?

and if possible any courses to recommend? i'm a beginner.

mpenza said:
probably 350D for one in the similar price range.

hello bro thanks for the fast reply.

a couple of question.

1. what's the approximate price for the D70s and the Canon 350D in the market like now?
2. does canon comes with KIT too? (would u be able to state the items coming along as well?)

much appreciated.

'Melvin

i bought my d50 at best denki.

u can try checking by just going down to harvey norman or best denki..
alternatively u can try Paris Silk.. they might have cheaper deals.. but not too sure..

guojielun said:

a couple of question.

1. what's the approximate price for the D70s and the Canon 350D in the market like now?
2. does canon comes with KIT too? (would u be able to state the items coming along as well?)

much appreciated.

'Melvin

1. for a rough guide check thenewspaper ads, to know detailed price call the shop
2. yes it does

D350 comes with a kit lens. I bought one for my sister last month, also bought additional OEM battery for around SGD16++ . The offer by Canon come with one 1GB CF card and a lens book :)thumbsup: ) redeemed from Canon Harbourfront.
Other standard accessories are neck strap, charger, Original battery, data transfer cable, software CD, user manual, box. I think that is about all. :)
The D350 is light and easy to use. I do not get tire quickly as with my 10D (a monster) :eek:

Try not get canon kit. THe kit lense is not that good. Just buy the body would do.

guojielun said:

a couple of question.

much appreciated.

'Melvin

Hi Melvin

The 350D comes in a kit too - body and 18 - 55mm lens.
The cheapest place to get them is MS Colour at Blk 711 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8.
Market price for 350D is $1849, but they selling at $1640 nett
Market price for D70s is $1998, but they selling at $1770 nett
Best to call (6457 6380) and reserve your set before going down. There's a waiting list.
Alternatively, you can also try Cathay Photo at Peninsula Plaza. They are usually more ex than MS, but certain models you may be able to get a little cheaper.
Good luck

L.Lee said:
D350 comes with a kit lens. I bought one for my sister last month, also bought additional OEM battery for around SGD16++ . The offer by Canon come with one 1GB CF card and a lens book :)thumbsup: ) redeemed from Canon Harbourfront.
Other standard accessories are neck strap, charger, Original battery, data transfer cable, software CD, user manual, box. I think that is about all. :)
The D350 is light and easy to use. I do not get tire quickly as with my 10D (a monster) :eek:

Re-phrase: D350 kit +1 oem battery for SGD1,6++.00 nett. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.