compact camera repair-slide cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

LENS

Apr 8, 2005
Hi guys, i got a pentax espio mini, something like mju.. this camera has same design like slide cover to activate the camera.

mine seems like has contact issue of slide cover..if u try to move or press around the cover a bit, the camera will be activated but off again.

Just wonder where to repair a compact film camera like this?

and i wonder if too expensive to repair, may just try to see if i can fix it. anyone got experience of repairing compact?

what the technology behind the slide cover..is it using magnet to sense the slide cover?thanks.

i wonder is pentax will still fix this film compact?

anyone know where to repair film compact?

is magnet technology is used for slide cover activation? anyone can help?

If you say your compact cam is like Olympus Mju, the cam sure dosen't run on a magnet technology (not too sure what that is as well).

How it works is when the front cover is 'flipped' open, the switch beneath it will be flicked on thereby forgoing the need for an on/off button. The thing is after some time there will be wear and tear done to the front cover and therefore the contact between the cover and switch will be 'loose'.

Although I roughly do know the mechanics behind it but I am sorry that I don't know where you can repair your cam if you do not want to bring it back to pentax for repair. Cuz most likely the part that needs to be replaced is the front cover and only pentax will have the spare part.

hope this helps and that you can find your happy solution soon ;)

There are quite a few places that repair older, film cameras.

First, I would check with the agent.

Next would be any of the cam shops at Peninsula area. A few of them like TCW and P&G camera does repairs, and many of their guys have had decades of experience with film cameras.

Or try Fatigue here on CS. He's got a damned solid reputation for repairing, but he's normally quite fully booked.

Hope this helps.

ok thank you guys, i just wonder will pentax still care about a film compact that had discontinued long ago ha. i found this camera in a cheap sale..

i tried to disassemble the camera, then i notice there is an internal battery.. it seems to be soldered on the camera electric board.

I think most compact film camera got an internal battery to main..date or some motor movement.. so how to i do the next step? can the internal battery be removed? is it soldered? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.