Compact Bag that fits 40D, 70-200/2.8IS, 17-55/2.8IS and 580EXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look as well.

Anyone know who is carrying a full range of Domke product in Singapore? CP seems to be always out of stock...

Didn't managed to go to K-13 last weekend. Planning to go there this coming weekend with the gears. For me to feel comfortable with it, I have to stuff the gears into the bags to make sure.

I am looking at Billingham Hadley Large and Tamrac Velocity 8x. Price difference will be quite big (Billingham ~$300 vs Tamrac ~$100). The length of 40D with 70-200 F2.8IS mounted is around 270mm. The internal height of the Billingham Hadley Large is 255mm so I need to see for myself if it is too tight a fit for my liking. My preference will be Hadley Large at this moment. I am a sucker for Billingham bags (already have the Hadley small and the 445) so if Hadley Large is able to fit my gears, I will be going with Billingham.

Here is an update on my search for a compact bag to fit my gears:

My search ended with the purchase of Billingham Hadley Large
http://www.billingham.co.uk/acatalog/HadleyLargeKhakiFrontLarge.gif

Tested out Billingham Hadley Large with 70-200 f2.8IS mounted on Canon 40D. The camera with lens fit perfectly in the bag.

Here is the configuration: two partitions in the bag with lens on the left and flash on the right. That leaves the middle to fit the camera with 70-200 mounted face down and ready for action.

Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions. Really appreciate it...

Hi, any chance of posting a picture on how the camera and others fix in the Billingham, curious to see. I love Billingham too ;) Thanks

Hi, any chance of posting a picture on how the camera and others fix in the Billingham, curious to see. I love Billingham too ;) Thanks
I took a few quick snapshoot using my P&S. Here are the photos to share with everyone.
dscf2421zf0.jpg

Here is the Billingham Hadley Large

dscf2405ia4.jpg

Left bottom 1.4x Teleconverter (not shown)
Left Top: EF-S17-55/f2.8IS
Middle: Canon 40D+RRS L-Plate with EF 70-200/f2.8IS mounted
Right: 580EX II flash

dscf2427fb2.jpg

Here are the actual equipment

dscf2431qi6.jpg

The insert can be remove. The bag is big enough to put in a 15" notebook.

Hi CS, Thanks so much for posting the pictuers. That is really a very nice bag and lens set you have there, real envy :)

Hi CS, Thanks so much for posting the pictuers. That is really a very nice bag and lens set you have there, real envy :)

:thumbsup: Wow! That bag really looks very lovely.

Nice brown colour, slim and the padding looks very solid.

Congrats!
Thanks...

This is my 3rd Billingham but the first Khaki color. The other two were all olive green color...

The first one is the Hadley Small and the second one is the 445. Hadley Small can only hold my 40D+17-55 and the 580EXII, the 445 can hold pretty much all my stuff and now the Hadley Large...
dscf2436uy4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.