Community Clicks - Tampines

Status
Not open for further replies.
May i know what were the themes for this round? missed it :sweat:

This round's pictures are much much better, except the last one which in my opinion is over photoshop. :bsmilie:

kiama said:
May i know what were the themes for this round? missed it :sweat:

This round only 1 theme, "Youth or Young Family"

earthlings said:
This round's pictures are much much better, except the last one which in my opinion is over photoshop. :bsmilie:
so its bad ? :)

congrats to those who got in top ten.

my friend took part and he said all the other participants are pros.
i asked him whether anyone was using compact cameras, but he said no.
so now i am having reservations whether to take part in the next competition or not.

can someone tell me the processes that happened when its time to submit your photo?
is it that you select your photo from the camera, then give the memory card to the peeps or you can select it using a computer?

S11loop said:
so its bad ? :)
Hey dude , u did it again . Congrats man , you are improving each time I saw your work .

As to heavily photoshopped ? I dont see why its a main issue/concern here , how do you actually measure what is more and what is less in photography ? A good modern photographer in this digital age will make fully use of the given medium to him/her , in this case his digital darkroom . If you do not know how to play around in the darkroom and make use of what you are given then you are not making use of the medium you are shooting with this is often said by my teacher when I was still a student 20 years ago . This is simply nothing as compared to some other commercial photographers work that I had seen personally , at the end of the day if your work best represent what is your ideas and vision then the idea is 100% fresh and interesting . Use whatever you can and you have on hand that best represent your unique ideas and style , dont be afraid of doing things that others might not be doing cause trying to be safe wont get you anywhere .

S11loop , this piece of yours is exceptionally outstanding and creative . Not only you manage to capture the emotion of this young boy but also you score because of the technique you are using here are BOLD and refreshing and the emotion contain within are powerful . The mood is right , the moment is right . The silhouette of those children at the back is another interesting element , it adds and punch out the life I feel when I look at this photo . One thing that make this otherwise perfect picture is the minor drawback in composition , the hand in the top corner are being cropped , but again the soul represent within are as good as having it there .

Clicknick , altho I do not know you personally but your entry is another good one I have seen so far , the colours and contrast attracts me . The pose strike in this moment is another fun and captivating one and you have it there , the contrast between what is happening in the background and the boy simply draw further attention to it . If only the boy is facing you , there you will have another interesting vivid expression to capture !

Good job guys , keep up the standards ! :thumbsup:

anep said:
congrats to those who got in top ten.

my friend took part and he said all the other participants are pros.
i asked him whether anyone was using compact cameras, but he said no.
so now i am having reservations whether to take part in the next competition or not.

can someone tell me the processes that happened when its time to submit your photo?
is it that you select your photo from the camera, then give the memory card to the peeps or you can select it using a computer?

Don't worry too much. Go there and join in the fun. Most people go there to mingle around, make new friends and try their luck. You can always go there to learn and gain experience. The more you take part the better you become. You'll be surprised some of the top 10 are newbies and or using compact. :)

RGB said:
Hey dude , u did it again . Congrats man , you are improving each time I saw your work .

As to heavily photoshopped ? I dont see why its a main issue/concern here , how do you actually measure what is more and what is less in photography ? A good modern photographer in this digital age will make fully use of the given medium to him/her , in this case his digital darkroom . If you do not know how to play around in the darkroom and make use of what you are given then you are not making use of the medium you are shooting with this is often said by my teacher when I was still a student 20 years ago . This is simply nothing as compared to some other commercial photographers work that I had seen personally , at the end of the day if your work best represent what is your ideas and vision then the idea is 100% fresh and interesting . Use whatever you can and you have on hand that best represent your unique ideas and style , dont be afraid of doing things that others might not be doing cause trying to be safe wont get you anywhere .

S11loop , this piece of yours is exceptionally outstanding and creative . Not only you manage to capture the emotion of this young boy but also you score because of the technique you are using here are BOLD and refreshing and the emotion contain within are powerful . The mood is right , the moment is right . The silhouette of those children at the back is another interesting element , it adds and punch out the life I feel when I look at this photo . One thing that make this otherwise perfect picture is the minor drawback in composition , the hand in the top corner are being cropped , but again the soul represent within are as good as having it there .

Clicknick , altho I do not know you personally but your entry is another good one I have seen so far , the colours and contrast attracts me . The pose strike in this moment is another fun and captivating one and you have it there , the contrast between what is happening in the background and the boy simply draw further attention to it . If only the boy is facing you , there you will have another interesting vivid expression to capture !

Thanks bro , hope to learn more about the art from you soon . :D

khairi said:
voted fot s11loop's pict...although the hand got chopped off...it's a nice pict to me...so far

Thanks for yr vote , yeah I been feeling bad for the hand part also .

RGB said:

Thanks, glad you like it

Could I just say this competition has a serious voting problem - because it doesn't even state on the page the theme of the shoot?

Gee, just a blank page (almost) with 10 images, vote for one. On what? Exposure, composition, PS skills, how to curry...?

clicknick said:
Thanks. The boy doing the cartwheel on the stadium track.

Nice shot bro! :lovegrin:

congrats!! :D :D :D

Congrats to everyone! bros and sisters!

RGB said:

pro comment,

RGB, if you dont mind, can you comment a bit on the other 8 pic. Your comment would provide a valuable insight how a photog like us in CS can improve :) TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.