Community Clicks new regulation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeryltan

Jan 5, 2006
s5.photobucket.com
IMPORTANT UPDATE: After considering feedbacks from a number of participants, we will no longer allow any form of editing to the photo submissions. We will also bring forward the submission cut-off time as it unnecessarily dragged the event schedule. For more details on the schedule changes, please go to the Contest Schedule page.

Apparently, the cut-off time is now 12noon.. So 2hrs to shoot, starting from 10am..

And is there any PhotoVideoi representative here? Can I know what is the definition of "editing"? If I shoot in raw, and use a notebook to adjust white balance and convert to .jpeg, is that considered editing?

jeryltan said:
And is there any PhotoVideoi representative here? Can I know what is the definition of "editing"? If I shoot in raw, and use a notebook to adjust white balance and convert to .jpeg, is that considered editing?

Basically, shoot in jpeg, transfer directly to the PC provided.

It is about time they implement this, else there is no fair game in this type of competition.

Good luck to you!

I see.. Tks..

sigg said:

It is about time they implement this, else there is no fair game in this type of competition.

Good luck to you!

good move. Make this compy a fair one. With the current HDR etc. Very easy to win those freshly taken well exposed photo hands down. And lugging around a notebook for a non-driver is not easy too.

Good move !

sigg said:

Good luck to you!

yeh, I shoot in Raw for my own shooting but for this community click, I shot in JPEg and submitted direct. easier. more time to enjoy the process of shooting then postprocessing bro. =)

What's HDR?

tltan said:
good move. Make this compy a fair one. With the current HDR etc. Very easy to win those freshly taken well exposed photo hands down. And lugging around a notebook for a non-driver is not easy too.

Good move !

jeryltan said:
IMPORTANT UPDATE: After considering feedbacks from a number of participants, we will no longer allow any form of editing to the photo submissions. We will also bring forward the submission cut-off time as it unnecessarily dragged the event schedule. For more details on the schedule changes, please go to the Contest Schedule page.

Apparently, the cut-off time is now 12noon.. So 2hrs to shoot, starting from 10am..

I think the new rules are pretty useless , how do they know if the picture has gone through editing ? People can steal hide somewhere with their notebook or even go back home if they are staying nearby . For people shooting with raw , does tweaking of sharpness , contrast ,colours , white balance .....etc consider as editing or even people who shoot with jpeg file they can still tweak image sharpness , contrast , cropping ...etc is there a way to detect it :think: ? Cause once u open the file alter things already consider as editing am i right . I think this must be the biggest loophole of this competition , shame on the organiser of this event for coming out with this ideas .

I guess if you open up with Photoshop, and then save the .jpeg file, it will show in the exif data, as "Creation Software : Photoshop"? Unless there is some way to remove this..

dckcool said:
I think the new rules are pretty useless , how do they know if the picture has gone through editing ? People can steal hide somewhere with their notebook or even go back home if they are staying nearby . For people shooting with raw , does tweaking of sharpness , contrast ,colours , white balance .....etc consider as editing or even people who shoot with jpeg file they can still tweak image sharpness , contrast , cropping ...etc is there a way to detect it :think: ? Cause once u open the file alter things already consider as editing am i right . I think this must be the biggest loophole of this competition , shame on the organiser of this event for coming out with this ideas .

dckcool said:

There's really nothing to be ashame about. If you don't agree with the rules, you can choose not to take part.

The rules are simple enough, in fact even better since you don't need to edit. Just shoot in jpeg and submit your photo straight from camera. Don't take raw since the organiser don't accept it. :)

jeryltan said:
I guess if you open up with Photoshop, and then save the .jpeg file, it will show in the exif data, as "Creation Software : Photoshop"? Unless there is some way to remove this..

Hi jeryl,

HDR is High Dynamic Range. Can search through here and see some fascinating works. Of course, I dont deny its a good tool to use (though I havent got around using it..too lazy on my part).

Regards,
tltan

sportshooter said:
There's really nothing to be ashame about. If you don't agree with the rules, you can choose not to take part.

The rules are simple enough, in fact even better since you don't need to edit. Just shoot in jpeg and submit your photo straight from camera. Don't take raw since the organiser don't accept it. :)

I agree with this.

Regards,
tltan

dckcool said:

I think the organiser has nothing to be shameful about laying such rules. Rules are there for participant to follow. It is those people who try to get around these rules who should be shameful. Not sure how one would feel winning by cheating.

The rules are pretty simple. Shoot in jpeg and upload. If you dont like the idea, dont take part. The choice is yours.

i think it's a great idea to have no digital manipulation. :)
2 thumbs up for doing something with the feedbacks

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

at last no manipulation. actually how can they see if u have manipulated the picture? is it recorded somewhere?

sigg said:
I think the organiser has nothing to be shameful about laying such rules. Rules are there for participant to follow. It is those people who try to get around these rules who should be shameful. Not sure how one would feel winning by cheating.

The rules are pretty simple. Shoot in jpeg and upload. If you dont like the idea, dont take part. The choice is yours.

I agreed with sigg... why do u need RAW photos for if u already know that u have to submit the photos on the spot... Digital have make things easy and yet there are people trying make thing difficult... Rules are rules... if one person is not happy with the rules and yet other can take the rules, the problem is on the ONE person and not the organiser...

Why make so much issue for the organiser to suit u and why not just follow or don't take part.

If u need to shoot RAW, it either means that u can't get your camera setting right since day ONE when u hold on to a camera or you are using a 400mm lens shooting something 100km away and u need to push the size and crop 1 % to submit a photo of 2mb or even u don't trust your camera, then its time to change....

Status
Not open for further replies.