Not open for further replies.

cheesypoofs

Jun 21, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
here's my first attempt at shooting butterflies

IMG_7553.jpg

Using 10D with Sigma 50-500mm @ 200mm 1/200 f/8

Wow! didnt knoe sigma 50-500mm can use for macro. Any extension tube? :thumbsup:

E-Lim said:
Wow! didnt knoe sigma 50-500mm can use for macro. Any extension tube? :thumbsup:

nope..but i guess an ext tube would make give a better bokeh..

Hi CK,

Good attempt there. However, it would be better if subject is not so central (i.e. composed to Rule of Thirds), maybe shift the butt to the left of the frame so that there's more space on the right.

cheesypoofs said:
nope..but i guess an ext tube would make give a better bokeh..
Fully agree...try using it next time round. :)

Garion said:
Hi CK,

Good attempt there. However, it would be better if subject is not so central (i.e. composed to Rule of Thirds), maybe shift the butt to the left of the frame so that there's more space on the right.

Fully agree...try using it next time round. :)

Thanks!

Yeah I was aware of that, but that would mean cropping the image (ok ok I should have composed it better in the first place), and the 50-500mm didn't seem very sharp at 200mm.

Any idea how much an ext tube costs? Wouldn't mind getting one if it is within my budget...

cheesypoofs said:
Thanks!

Yeah I was aware of that, but that would mean cropping the image (ok ok I should have composed it better in the first place), and the 50-500mm didn't seem very sharp at 200mm.

Any idea how much an ext tube costs? Wouldn't mind getting one if it is within my budget...
You can get the Kenko Uniplus 25mm extension tube from AP for about $80+. I tried it before with the 50-500mm and it can still AF, though it searches a little sometimes. But the background is really thrown out of focus when the ext. tube is added.

[edit: should be Uniplus, not Teleplus.]

Garion said:
You can get the Kenko Uniplus 25mm extension tube from AP for about $80+. I tried it before with the 50-500mm and it can still AF, though it searches a little sometimes. But the background is really thrown out of focus when the ext. tube is added.

[edit: should be Uniplus, not Teleplus.]

went to AP today, they're out of stock.. wonder if CP sells it as well? Or do they carry only Canon? I supposed a Canon tube would cost more , hence the flourishing 3rd party market

Status
Not open for further replies.