comments/feedback urgently needed

akagi07

Apr 6, 2006
Need some help greatly from viewers and PS/LR expert I just recently helped a colleague of mine to shoot her wedding day.

Due to partial colorblind, but I'm still able to clearly differentiate R,G,B. I do not dare to adjust any of saturation or vibrance level.

Shot entire from D90 and D700, with RAW, and PP in LR mainly for exposure with auto WB + camera portrait calibration. Some retouching in PS so PS is not highly the problem.

I am using a IPS panel with calibrated color profile using Spyder 3. Now i rather fear if not my screen, its my eyes that play punk.

Please ignore the composition or quality but help me ID the color tuning if I processed wrongly..

(Left is the 2nd try / right is the first batch of work)
dsc0798d.jpg
sh21.jpg

ya BW but i cannot do tt to many of the photos..

my concern now is more to the color, which what most of you guys said reflect in my mind is right side are better. thank you
but the colors are right?

i am more concern as my colleagues feedback is the color are off..

i try posting another tonight for comment.

RIGHT is MUCH better in terms of vibrancy, saturation and another person said the right photo highlights the subject better.

The left looks like there was not enough exposure and the color settings were set wrong/undersaturated.

Most people have different color and contrast perception, so no one's right or wrong ... in a sense, unless you go strictly by numbers in the tonal scale as well as a suitable pantone color charts under controlled lighting. The accurate way to 'see' if colors are set 'right' during a shoot is to use a color meter, and compensate for imbalances (custom WB, hues and saturation/tonal shifts if your camera allows that) but I think it's quite impossible to do during a wedding.

Also, is he/she looking at this on YOUR monitor, or a different monitor, and whether it was properly (subjective) calibrated or not? Also, viewing height and angle, and room lighting ...